Stoneleigh setup day Saturday 5th May run from North

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

Anyone travelling from the North fancy meeting up for run down on the Saturday morning? last year a few of us met at Tesco's at Glossop :t-up:

Yep, happy to meet up again. Think we met at Asbourne last time. Does that still suit?

If so, we could meet at the Halfords/M&S car park?

No worries; the M&S has the usual little cafe doing take out coffee etc, plus toilets in the store, if anyone needs a pit Stop!

Depends entirely on the weather for me this year. 

If (and only if) the forecast is really, really nice, then I’ll get up early and meet you at Glossop again.

But any sign of rain and it’s the Tintop for me! (Yeah, I know what a wuss)

edit: it’s a long way with lots of dreadfully dull motorway miles and the swingometer is veering towards comfort, cruise control, music, air con, huge comfy tent with big folding bed, and did I mention the comfort :d

but the run over the peaks is nice and so is the company therefore if it’s nice weather I’ll put up with the dreadful drive home!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

BTTT

It's going to be glorious! image.png.e5c6dfc9c173ff59755e661d5bcf8e4f.png

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

It's going to be glorious! image.png.e5c6dfc9c173ff59755e661d5bcf8e4f.png

oh my goodness !! wont need to pack the thermals 

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2018 at 13:10, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yep, happy to meet up again. Think we met at Asbourne last time. Does that still suit?

If so, we could meet at the Halfords/M&S car park?

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary have you got the postcode where we met you last year?

Google maps currently showing 3hrs from mine to Glossop vs 3hrs 55m to the show itself if I go direct.

So 3hrs of dual carriageways, motorways and lorries on my Tod in the Westy just to get to the start line doesn’t exactly float my boat if I’m being honest. 

I think that despite the glorious forecast I may just wimp out and tick that comfort box instead. 

It’s DE6 1DU, Halfords, Waterside Retail Park, Clifton Road.

Its actually just over the road from where we met last year, but a little more convenient.

Hmm, starting to panic slightly! Have had some slight intermittent pain from my hip for three or four weeks, but it’s been getting worse this week, specially today, and starting to spread down the leg a wee bit. Got to the point of being painful to walk this morning.

I don’t want to mess any one around, so it’s safer to cancel meeting up for the trip down on the Saturday; I may end up having to go down in the tin top if I don’t start seeing any improvement. 

(Hopefully clubnight tomorrow will give me an idea of how the Westfield feels, drove it on Monday, and it wasn’t too bad!)

Meeting time for anyone interested 9:30am tomorrow at Tesco Glossop petrol station  SK13 8HB :)