Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve (sdh2903)

• CosKev

• corsechris

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A socially distanced pass 

Well after 8 months with no westy in the garage I'm now the proud (Well ish) owner of  a lot of parts that may well, one day, end up drivable  A cheeky eBay bid later (not expecting to win mind) a

Not sure it would make much difference. The pwm bosch valve has very small increments of movement. A 1 percentage point of movement is almost impossible to see by eye.   Got back on to inter

Posted Images

Steve (sdh2903)
27 minutes ago, RichK said:

This looks amazing. What brand/model of filament did you use in the end?

Thanks. I ended up with formfutura apollox asa. 

I had tried umpteen different temperature combinations, brims, part cooling, adhesive, print speeds and layers etc and couldn't get consistency and flat prints at all with the Extrudr filament. 

Whacked in the formfutura and with no brims its just producing consistent flat prints. Currently using 90 degree bed and 245 nozzle. 

Its not cheap but it's good stuff. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Formfutura-1-75mm-ApolloX-Printer-Filament/dp/B01HIGMBBY

• Like 2

Thinking I best buy a couple of pairs of these ITBs before you start selling the fitting kit?👌👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Steve (sdh2903)
27 minutes ago, CosKev said:

Looks great👌

Looking forward to the linkage myself😁🤯

Haha yes the linkage. Def going to be interesting. 

If I have both spindles operating the same way I think I can link them reasonably well. Theres a few options. A turn buckle style hard link, a split twin ended throttle cable or a jenvey throttle quadrant set up. 

Screenshot_20201221-113349_Chrome_copy_953x725.jpg.b540b92832ea32a0230520713f18a2c6.jpg

Screenshot_20201221-114202_Chrome.jpg.89fcb71f01a3c672f9cb48cc2cc793a0.jpg

Jenvey kit as always looks good but isn't cheap and would easily be the biggest single expense of the project if I went that way. 

I need to get all the pieces printed to get the bodies fitted to see what's what. 

• Like 2
Steve (sdh2903)

During an idle couple of hours I was doing some more digging on why the rocketeer never fared very well on jenveys. Firstly they were constrained by the mx5 bonnet which is even lower than a westy bonnet. 

But looking at the cutaway of their adapters they had an incredibly short runner length.  And an even sharper transition from round to oval

30b2bc_75f6516c99614d8aa2a3ce960a571555_mv2.png.90456e7ad333176c25f3d49ded60b587.png

And that bolts straight to the block wheras my setup bolts to the lower jag manifold. They look like Sfs bodies which are only 30mm long so I'd estimate a total runner length to the head of less than 100mm.

And to top it off they had to use restrictive socks aswell. 

30b2bc_477e74132f424f51a5962a377541d962_mv2.jpg.b5c059576f3c7841f13c806384748864.jpg

So no wonder it struggled to make any gains. I believe it made around 240ish vs 270 on their plenums. 

I reckon I will have more than double that runner length, which is still fairly short, (and not as long as the Aj30 jenvey kit at around 270mm) but won't be using restrictive socks either. So there maybe hope it's worthwhile effort. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Aj30 jenvey kit at around 270mm

Didn't realise they hadn't used the Jenvey made kit🤦‍♂️

Thought they had used the inlet and ITBs,just without the big trumpets.

Shouldn't really have put posts up IMO saying the Jenveys did not perform well when it was really their adapters,lack of trumpets and sock filters that were the issue😏

Steve (sdh2903)
9 minutes ago, CosKev said:

Thought they had used the inlet and ITBs,just without the big trumpets.

Yeah me too. But then realised after seeing the height there was no way. 

10 minutes ago, CosKev said:

Shouldn't really have put posts up IMO saying the Jenveys did not perform well when it was really their adapters,lack of trumpets and sock filters that were the issue😏

I think their spin on it was the jenveys were only 'development' and used it to promote their plenums which made better numbers. Amazed they even managed to package it all in so low really. 

• Like 1
KugaWestie
13 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

That's one bank done. 

20201223_151225.thumb.jpg.0d95f97dac5c45a90bc98481c53b4286.jpg

They look good Steve 👍🏻

• Thanks 1
Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary
31 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

That's one bank done. 

20201223_151225.thumb.jpg.0d95f97dac5c45a90bc98481c53b4286.jpg

Superb looking work!

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

That's one bank done

Look great.

How have you decided the height of the stacks?

Just going as high as you can in the space?

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Superb looking work!

🤫Shhhh

Every comment like this means my set are going to cost me more!🤦‍♂️😁

• Haha 1