Steve (sdh2903)

What have I done now..... V6 seiw build

CosKev

Sounds good!

What have you done with VVT wiring?

Only ask as when we switched mine on at idle it sounded like it had cams in it.

• Thanks 1

Steve (sdh2903)

It's currently set to be off under 3900 and on over 4000. 

I need to get the coolant system plumbed in then I can get it up to temp. I also think the iacv wiring needs looking at as it needed a good chunk of throttle to start.

CosKev

You've set TPS up?

The VVT is wired up so + turns on with ignition,and ECU supplies - to activate solenoids?

If its lumpy when you get it running next time try unplugging VVT,you will notice the difference straight away if for some reason its switched on.

Mine blew the driver in the ECU after the initial mapping,this resulted in VVT being on permanently. 

Dale had to solder in a stronger driver,as the solenoids are activated above 1800rpm they were drawing more current than we expected.

• Thanks 1

Steve (sdh2903)

I've tried it with both solenoids disconnected and still lumpy.  Solenoids are fed by ignition live and earth switched by ECU.

• Like 1

AdgeC

Well done Steve, great milestone achieved. Really pleased for you.

• Thanks 1

Steve (sdh2903)

And yes TPS is set sorry. 

• Like 1

Gary Taylor - Scotland AO

Nice to hear it run after all your tribulations, now crack on 😁

Steve (sdh2903)

So had a little play last night and this morning. Checked all the connections at all the injectors/coils/crank and cam sensors all seemed well. I could see from the ECU that it was seeing crank ok. With the cam sensor disconnected it didn't make any difference to how the engine runs which set bells ringing.

Had a look through the ECU settings and noticed it was set to single tooth which from memory didn't think was right. Found a pic in my jag manual which showed it was a 4 tooth 

20190913_142251.jpg.50925ca41fa662a97ae539a01e0aec5f.jpg

So changed that. Also noted the iacv instructions from emerald only showed the map table to set up which I'd done. However the ECU setting had not been set. So set that to 2 pin and 300hz. Could now hear the iacv actually doing something.

So tried a other start and it's running much much better :t-up:. Idle was way up at 2500 rpm so wound the idle stop back off now as the iacv was now doing its thing. However even with the throttle butterfly nearly closed its idling at 1900 so I guess I'll need to tweak the iacv down a little. I'll wait till I've got the plumbing back in and filled up before I run it any more now.

Video of better running. Only thing I've noted is I'm getting a chirp on shutting down from the air filter. Possibly because the iacv is wide open? Not sure if the video picks up the 'chirp' if anyone has any thoughts?

• Like 4

corsechris

That sounds sweet!

• Thanks 2

KugaWestie

Awesome, sounds lovely. Good stuff mate :t-up:

• Thanks 2