Steve (sdh2903)

What have I done now..... V6 seiw build

CosKev

Nice:cool:

How high can you go on top?

Steve (sdh2903)

I reckon about 100mm from the base plate. I'm going for around 80mm height on the plenum to give a bit of wiggle room.

While waiting for some stray aluminium to be delivered to finish the inlet mock up I made a start on the bodywork.20190227_170636-2016x1134.thumb.jpg.ec17f048ff97b3d62b02e890edeebe68.jpg

A rather full engine bay

20190227_170708-2016x1134.thumb.jpg.007470e3ae332fe96d3aaeaf400ecef3.jpg

• Like 6

Stu Faulkner

Wow. 

Thats a bit snug. 

DamperMan

Make it a bit taller!  Through the bonnet. And go mad max style ... 

Adge Cutler Dorset AO

Welcome back Steve, more excellent progress. That inlet setup is fascinating, a credit to your ingenuity and fabrication skills. Keep up the good work.

BugMan

Clucking bell, i thought mine was tight :westy:

• Like 1

corsechris
2 hours ago, Stu Faulkner said:

Wow. 

Thats a bit snug. 

The exact same words ran through my mind too.

I hope those engine mounts are good and solid Steve! ;)

• Like 1

Steve (sdh2903)

38 minutes ago, corsechris said:

I hope those engine mounts are good and solid Steve! ;)

Only one way to find out :d

CosKev

Promising news from Dave on LCBs after getting his car on RR:cool:

Running the ST200 inlet ,which looks the most restrictive to me,it's made 242bhp,and still pulling at the 7200rpm rev limit :t-up: 

• Like 1

Steve (sdh2903)

Progress is plodding along. The inlet mock up is complete and will hopefully be sent away for finishing this week. Some spangly new shocks arrived courtesy of the ever helpful @DamperMan So threw them on.

20190306_160052-1134x2016.thumb.jpg.e10d81fcd24c85b5567139f6f42adaed.jpg

Body has now been shuffled around to line of best fit and riveted in place. Which will now open up a load of work while I'm waiting on parts. Particularly the scuttle build (yay). I did end up with the tub maybe 10mm further forward than the book figure of 400mm but I wanted the wheels as central in the rear arches as possible. The bonnet needed a bit of a tweak too. So it's been strapped in place and gently heated up to hopefully get it a bit better fit. Excuse the garage I've left it a tip!

20190306_160007-2016x1134.thumb.jpg.f59f194383813e75149ff60dcd20afee.jpg

• Like 9

Thrustyjust

Interesting shocks Steve . Any info on them ?

Steve (sdh2903)

Mr @DamperMan Will be able to say more. I just know they're spax! Some fancy progressive springs on the back though to try and not have the same issues as I had on the last one (as you did aswell) 

DamperMan

@Thrustyjust  I don’t want to thread jump so pm me with any questions you have...

Steve (sdh2903)

Thought I'd start the dreaded scuttle build today. Now I had a bit of a head start here as I had sourced a used screen/wipers/heater off a sport250 owner gone aeroscreen so with being fitted before a lot of the fettling had been done. I have given the T7 design demist vents a go rather than the big fibreglass moulding. 

20190311_145805-2016x1134.thumb.jpg.b863b101dcf4b96077192821fb397193.jpg

Only query is whether the 3rd vent will be needed. They are angled and look like the airflow will converge about 4 inches above the bottom edge of the screen so hope they will be ok.

Also used one of the T7 heater bulkhead connectors aswell as I think it's a better option than just poking the pipes through.

20190311_145918-2016x1134.thumb.jpg.82e909db44fcc53ff2ad9ad761406ddd.jpg

Eagle eyed will spot the differing spindle angles, they are just slaved in for now ;)

after my bodywork strapping it seems to be holding in a better position now. Maybe just another quick heat and strap again to get it spot on.

• Like 3

BugMan

+1 on the T7 fitting Steve :westy: