What have I done now..... V6 seiw build

Steve (sdh2903)

Steve (sdh2903)
30 minutes ago, Matta said:

Nice looking pile of bits there Steve! How complete is it? 

You might not make Applecross in June but definitely next year!

Matt

Hi Matt. Not very complete  few panels on and brake lines in and diff slaved in. I think I'm going to take it back to square 1 as the paint finish on the chassis leaves a bit to be desired.

Yeah June may be a push......

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve (sdh2903)

• CosKev

• corsechris

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A socially distanced pass 

Well after 8 months with no westy in the garage I'm now the proud (Well ish) owner of  a lot of parts that may well, one day, end up drivable  A cheeky eBay bid later (not expecting to win mind) a

Not sure it would make much difference. The pwm bosch valve has very small increments of movement. A 1 percentage point of movement is almost impossible to see by eye.   Got back on to inter

Posted Images

Steve (sdh2903)

Noticed these bits (the cylindrical bits sticking up) on the bar where the harness eyes screw in. Can someone tell me what they're for?

20180417_115632-756x1008.thumb.jpg.effd1fb3e520eb875cd50f4385fec86d.jpg

Chris King

Old skool inertia belts I think. 

Angry grinder time :d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Steve (sdh2903)

Ah makes sense. Cheers Chris. Like an excuse to make sparks:d

18 minutes ago, sdh2903 said:

Ah makes sense. Cheers Chris. Like an excuse to make sparks:d

Unless its already registered (I doubt it) you may need those mounts for IVA so check it out first before cutting  them off

Steve (sdh2903)

No it's not registered. Why would I need them if using the ordinary 4 point harness mounts John?

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

You don’t need them for IVA if using the harness mounts. (Plus spacers) as said they’re the top mounts for inertia reel seatbelts.

on later chassis, they’re optional and just screw in. On older chassis they’re huge lumps of solid steel, welded in. Oh, and normally, they go all the way through the top chassis rail! So you do have to cut right through them with the angry grinder, while taking care not to notch the chassis rail, by accident!

Steve (sdh2903)

Apologies for the daft questions but this is  my first dealings with the zk body.

Ref the boot box below am I right in saying this is for a standard range tank as there's no step? Remarkably when unwrapping all the body it's in excellent shape. I'd actually say better quality than my 2016 bodywork.

20180417_135141-1209x1612.thumb.jpg.0b390d8affb1742a2c7bf69cc6d48842.jpg

yep id say standard tank the one i had with my long range tank had a step to allow for th eextra height on the tank

• Like 1
Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Aye, standard tank, and your right, bodywork hasn’t been a patch on the old stuff since it stopped being made in-house.

• Like 1
Chris King

My ZK tank is around 28litres, so it’s big enough really. 

• Like 1
Steve (sdh2903)

Cheers chaps.

Apart from the main tub the rest is immaculate. No swirl marks and no where near as many imperfections. The main tub will need a good cut back and polish if I keep it red. Although seeing how good it is it would be a shame to paint over it.

Steve (sdh2903)
1 minute ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

My ZK tank is around 28litres, so it’s big enough really. 

Yeah sounds ok. The fw long range was only around 28. I'll keep an eye out for a standard tank coming up for sale. If not I fancy a custom one with a built in swirl pot and in tank pump.

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Been out of circulation for several days, just seen this. Good to see you've started investing in the motor industry again!

Enjoy your new project, will be following with fascination.