What have I done now..... V6 seiw build

Steve (sdh2903)

Steve (sdh2903)

Yes you are right Chris. That price includes sensors and a loom for the 250. Still v pricey though.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve (sdh2903)

• CosKev

• corsechris

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A socially distanced pass 

Well after 8 months with no westy in the garage I'm now the proud (Well ish) owner of  a lot of parts that may well, one day, end up drivable  A cheeky eBay bid later (not expecting to win mind) a

Not sure it would make much difference. The pwm bosch valve has very small increments of movement. A 1 percentage point of movement is almost impossible to see by eye.   Got back on to inter

Posted Images

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

While pricey, I can understand it to some extent. The learning curve on pure digital dashes like these and the Race Technology is absolutely colossal; as a result, owners can need a disproportionate amount of technical support, and it can be complex support at that.

That said, I bought mine from Plays Kool and just got stuck in!

Steve (sdh2903)
1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

That said, I bought mine from Plays Kool and just got stuck in!

My plan exactly!..........

.......once I get financial approval that is :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
KugaWestie

It's coming along nicely Steve , keep up the good work :yes:

• Thanks 1

@Steve (sdh2903) regards Your ignition plug, not sure you have sorted it yet? But I run a zetec in mine and have been improving the wiring tinny ignition system (hoping so anyway) if the plug is a 4 pin then

White = ignition supply

Brown = 12v permanent

Green = fuel pump

White/black = tacho signal

Colours may vary I'm told on age of loom, on mine 12v permanent isn't used. I'm told this is for supplying injection ran cars for power relays etc

As for the 2 brown wires I'll check my alternator later but I do know mine are independent spades to the rear of my ACR alternator, yet another job to sort at some point 

Scott 

P.s car is looking bang on mate keep up the work, another great build diary 

• Thanks 1
Steve (sdh2903)

Cheers Scott yes I have the same 4 colours. Will be a handy switched supply for the ecu if nothing else. The alternator wires will need to be chased back out and re-routed down the other side of the engine bay hopefully there's enough length on them save me extending them.

Steve (sdh2903)

So I now have a bonnet that gives me a bit more room to play with regarding the inlet. Annoyingly more room as it's set my mind working again.

20181125_123801-2016x1512.thumb.jpg.70b6b23480a504f84d73f5463c29e165.jpg

And I know there's no inlet flange or tubes in there but there's room for these little blighters.

20181125_123923-2016x1512.thumb.jpg.e375e1cfbde7212215965f0a4588adc1.jpg

Hmm what to do what to do......

• Like 2

I can't believe you are even pondering on what to do!:laugh:

You've got two sets of the bigger diameter Triumph TB's?:blues:

Steve (sdh2903)

There are plus points and negatives to both options though.

No I don't have the triumph ones. The bigger ones that are big enough aren't respaceable although may be that's something that danst could sort for me. The big triumphs also don't include injectors (So would retain the jag lower manifold) and they are a fairly hefty unit.

The best ones that match and are respaceable are gsxr 750 (as per the ones in the pic kindly donated by @Gary Taylor - Scotland AO) or the gsxr1300 ones. 

But then you have to sort the issues of matching linkages between the banks etc etc 

Thrustyjust
20 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Throttle linkage idea one cable and the two sets linked via a rose jointed linkage

82C92861-1AA8-438F-B9BC-68464B14E291.jpeg

Wibble ..............................:o

• Like 1
Chris King
Just now, CosKev said:

@Steve (sdh2903) are you using Quaife output flanges in the diff with ATB?

If so how are they held in the diff?

Pretty sure they have circlips

• Like 1
Steve (sdh2903)

Yes I am using quaife flanges. Although I didn't fit them. I think they are just a push in fit with a snap ring.

The std sierra ones are circlip 

• Like 1