Sport 250/s2000 Headlight bracket

BugMan

Just looking through my out-standing bits and came across the 2 headlight brackets, but can't find any reference IMG_2763.thumb.JPG.33b10f404685858d7c6ce854c6ca677d.JPG

So in the assum?

Thanks in advance

That's right. You'll need a longer bolt for the front bush on the upper wishbone. There are also some ~10mm aluminium spacers which are used here between the wishbone mounting bracket and the headlamp bracket.

Then you bolt through the square hole to clamp it together. You can also then drill through the top of the cylinder and add a rivet just to make sure it doesn't move.

I haven't actually secured mine yet - there's some weld spatter inside one of the brackets which is in the way and needs dealing with.

Edit: not the best photo but shows the spacers:

vPQ0b6s.jpg&key=53d265728bb801b711713893

• Like 1

Are, I've got these 2 spacer'looking fat washers that are 4mm thick, but look way smaller that yours Monty?

IMG_2764.JPG

I think those are for the front uprights or something... 

Found a photo of the spacers though, courtesy of Andy

6E648CF4-0746-40E0-A992-4F4557E4EB5F.jpeg

• Like 1

Don't omit the headlight spacer, else you'll crease your wishbone! Which is costly and could be painful!

IMG_E7679.JPG

• Like 2

Crap, i have nothing like that, guess I'll be on the phone to Ian tomorrow, along with the longer bolt's i don't have.

thanks guy's

This is the headlamp bracket in place. As above the 10mm spacers are a must, along with 1/2" longer bolts.

image.thumb.jpeg.b3ce592b97bfc4b7dd1587aaa9640ea2.jpeg

Yep or you damage the upper wishbones. Some numpty on here did it recently.......:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Asses to my list, just found this - what the devil

InkedIMG_2773_LI.thumb.jpg.acc48867d213206ea3710028caa2852c.jpg

Single wire hanging out of the harness, had to take this apart to repair, not even crimped in

• Sad 2

Sad to say, been there, got that t-shirt, had two dodgy crimps on my ecu loom.

That's a b----r, good job you spotted it!

Poor quality from the factory though!

That's come from ford like that too not WF. Good spot that could have caused a right ball ache later on.

That could have caused a prolonged, expensive and frustrating RCA, just to find an uncrimped wire... Good find...