Steering Rack Lock Stops

Andrew O Byrne White - Ireland AO

Looking for lock stops to fit a rally design 2.4 quick rack.  If anyone has any for sale or can point me towards somewhere I can get some it would be much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair of collars/sleeves from RS components, but I think I may have turned one down in a lathe slightly.

I had a spare set at the Stoneleigh show last year, but nobody wanted them!

It isn't unknown to use jubilee type clips.

On my XI I got a local precision engineering firm to machine me two out of polypropylene, it has the advantage of giving an element of cushioning to the rack and pinion if you turn sharply onto full lock. The are just collars of the correct internal diameter that they just slide onto the ends of the rack.

I did this Monday evening.... I found I could adjust the rack so the wheel arched only interfered on the passenger side.  Meaning I only needed to fit a spacer to the rack on the drivers side.  I turned down some nylon,  cut a slot in it to force it over the shaft and was a tap fit into the end of the rack.      The shaft was 22mm, so i made the hole 1" the hole up the end of the rack on the drivers side 40mm so i made the spacer 40.25 and the thickness of my spacer 22mm.     Mine was form either Peter lloyd or RD.  I can't remember.    Regardless theres a chance they have different supply anyway.  Best to get your Verniers out :)         

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.