Road and Track Capable Westfield Wanted - Cash Waiting

GridMonkeyUK

Hi Guys and Girls,

Long time lurker, first time poster... :d

I am looking to purchase a car as soon as the right one comes available.

Friend of mine is on here & recommend I post to see what might be around.

Spec I am looking for is as follows, hoping that there might be some based in the south somewhere? Every car I have liked is in Manchester or Scotland.:down:

I live near Reading.

Engine: 2.0 Blacktop or similar (circa 200HP ideally) or Hayabusa style Bike engine (I want a decent amount of torque so 1ltr bike engines are a no).
Diff: Must have a LSD.
Cage: Nice to be fully caged but not the end of the world if not
V8 Bonnet is a must unless its the new shape body.
Windshield would be nice, but I can work around that if needed.
Seats and belts: Not too bothered as long as they are suitable for both. Need at least 4 point harnesses please.
Nice to have a Digi dash too, but not imperative.

I'm looking for a well sorted car, good condition and suitable for both road and track use (70/30 split in that order).

I've got a max budget of £14k.

Thanks in advance everyone :t-up:

A photo with the competition stickers removed. Fully road legal, 12 months MOT and comes with a full screen conversion should you want it.  Even if it just helps you on your way to finding the right car I'd be happy to chat to you.

IMG_20180325_155211.jpg

I would buy that for the wheels alone....  so sexy!

• Like 1

Please have a look at my Westfield SE for sale (Chris jones’s Westfield Se) under Westfield’s for sale. 

Its not a bike engine but it revs like one and with plenty of torque. Very successful track car plus it could be used on the road.

based in the midlands and for sale for 13k 

let me know if you need any help.

cheers

Chris

17 hours ago, BCF said:

Thank you BCF,

Gorgeous car, been looking at it for a while however I know the straight cut box would get on my nerves on any long drives.

Awesome car but not quite right for me.

No probs at all. As I say, happy for you to take a look even without intending to buy if it helps you make a decision. 

Gearbox isn't noisy in my opinion, you know it's s/c but it's not overbearing at all. I would also advise caution on any car that has close to or over 200bhp on a type 9 without the HD s/c gear kit installed. They're not the strongest box and won't last any time with any reasonable power/torque going through them. Worth checking things like last rebuild/refresh on major items when looking at highly tuned/developed cars. 

16 minutes ago, BCF said:

No probs at all. As I say, happy for you to take a look even without intending to buy if it helps you make a decision. 

Gearbox isn't noisy in my opinion, you know it's s/c but it's not overbearing at all. I would also advise caution on any car that has close to or over 200bhp on a type 9 without the HD s/c gear kit installed. They're not the strongest box and won't last any time with any reasonable power/torque going through them. Worth checking things like last rebuild/refresh on major items when looking at highly tuned/developed cars. 

Thank you for that heads up, really appreciate the advise. :d

I've just seen the orange one posted on the forum last night as that looks near exactly what I am after and under budget. Just want to check on the Gearbox side.

I am/ was considering a Megabusa but just worried about that lunching engines, gearboxes and clutches - so looking at higher powered car engines too now.

Too many options to chose from  #FirstWorldProblems

:yes::yes::yes:

For me there is nothing better than car shopping, such a buzz! Enjoy!

On 08/04/2018 at 19:20, GridMonkeyUK said:

Nice car but missing a LSD and a bit far away sadly. 

No worries,  I never felt the car needed a lsd, car will be at Stoneleigh for any interested parties to view

A bike engined car will have a straight cut gearbox, surely? so if you want a synchro 'box you'll need to look at car engined cars.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.