Westfield 2.0 Duratec SEiw 2013-SOLD

pete2052

Like new, Duratec 2.0l(200bhp) with Jenvey throttle bodies, omex 600, LDS, electronic dash, anti roll bars(not fitted/connected), hood, side screens etc. Dry 2900 miles.

Have original invoice for £24,000+

£13,950

For the avoidance of doubt:  VAT  PAID, so no taxes due(apart from road tax:-) and an IVA(same a new Westfield) will be required prior to registration. 

Please contact for further details

07624 494180

phdavies@manx.net

car.jpg

Now for someone looking for a high spec. quick road car this looks like a bargain.

I wish this was around when I was looking to buy! Someone will end up with a very nice looking car!

Nice looking car Pete ,sensibly priced too ,shouldn’t be too long before someone snaps it up .

what make are the headlights ?

@avi8 How's this one Nigel?

As I understand, you will need an IVA test, as with a new vehicle in the uk.

So no more than normal for a new vehicle to make legal?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rednop1 said:

There is alot involved in getting this road legel over here!

I was surprised to find it’s quite straightforward........if the car has gone through the usual process prior to registration in IoM (i.e. IVA etc), then just usual DVLA forms to transfer to UK plate.

Iva and conformity paperwork.........admittedly I’ve not been thru the process myself, but my neighbour did it with a Caterham that had been tested and registered in IoM. Seemed no more of a headache than the process applied if the car was built and tested over here.

18 hours ago, Weekend Warrior said:

Nice looking car Pete ,sensibly priced too ,shouldn’t be too long before someone snaps it up .

what make are the headlights ?

Headlights are Venom, came from one of the kitcar accessory  shops.

• Thanks 1

Why is it any different to getting any other import registered here? If Pete has build photos, receipts and registration etc. what’s the problem?

Reading between the lines, does it need a full IVA? Thus it’s like buying an unregistered car not an import?

still a fairly good price though!

46 minutes ago, Jim G said:

Why is it any different to getting any other import registered here? If Pete has build photos, receipts and registration etc. what’s the problem?

Your right, importing a kit car is no different to importing any other car from the IoM, unfortunately the devil is in the detail. All cars under ten years old require proof of approval as part of the reregistering in the UK process. With a production car this is relatively easy, if the vehicle is already sold in the UK, it already has approval, as you can use something called a “model report” to show that your car has an equivalent spec to a type approved UK model.

However, with a kit car you can’t do this, (a fully homologised Sport Turbo would be different), and so the only way to prove compliance is with an IVA test.

Its not the end of the world though, and the car is still a good price, you just have to factor IVA and registration in.

A rough outline of the process here. https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk

(The key bit that complicates things, i believe, is that as the IoM is neither in Europe nor the UK*, so you’re unfortunately stuck in a different import channel that simply bringing something over from the continent).

*for the curious, I looked it up, technically it’s a self-governing British Crown dependence. :o

36 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Its not the end of the world though, and the car is still a good price, you just have to factor IVA and registration in, along with import duty and Vat.

I'd like to point out that there is no import duty or Vat payment required.

The isle of Man is included in the UK Vat scheme and so Vat has already been paid when it was purchased from Westfield

so there is no need to notify HMRC

Thanks

Pete

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.