heated seats vs heated vest

jabiqq

I didn't want to hijack the thread about the seats, so starting a new one. My main car is being upgraded in a garage (new exhaust) for the last 3 weeks, so I have to use the westy for all trips. Just wanted to ask if anyone uses a heated vest or how it compares to heated seats. With temperatures sometimes close to 0, I have to put quite a few layers to be comfortable. It would be much nicer to have just a t-shirt + heated vest + a light waterproof jacket..

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/252809?r=GS&gclid=Cj0KCQjwtOLVBRCZARIsADPLtJ09fmYsFPxSA9D51yThSxAoPynp8yvdF6jADzPujBJwa2Egg0HxidEaAlmgEALw_wcB

I bought one of those heated seat cushions you find on ebay, just plug into your cig.lighter (if you have one) , heat up quickly, have two settings and off/on switch , keeps your back and bum lovely and warm, was only approx £8  bargain!.    

That`s a cheap option, but a bit impractical if it has to be removed after the drive & not waterproof.

Very practical, removed in seconds, just elastic around seat, dont know about the waterproofing but it is not going to get much if your sitting on it! that is if you go out in the rain?

I have installed Intatrim heated seats and they are fantastic. Been over the Peak District in -5 and snow without roof. Rarely put them on full heat as low heat is normally fine. You are more confined in a Westfield seat than a tin top so the heat is not lost. Expensive but you do get new seats as well :)  and also includes for a passenger unlike a heated vest! 

I bought the KEIS. Heated Gillet from the same place with the controller and it works a treat........or so I'm told as it has been commandeerd :t-up:

• Like 1

I have these, the gloves plug into the jacket cuffs. I use the glove liners on their own not inside another glove as their nice and thin.

Been out in below freezing temps for 100 mile drives and kept warm. Jacket never needs turning up to more than half heat and thats in a car with a screen but only half doors.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/219920

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/219464