New member saying "hello"

Andy Malone - Editor

Hi,

I thought I'd add the obligatory "hi" post as a new member of the club. :)  My name is Andy and I live in the Chester/South Wirral area.

Building/owning a Westfield has been something I've talked about ever since I was taken around the Castle Combe track in my early 20s and I've decided that - 15 years on (and several cars later) - I should just get on with it. Having a young son I know I won't have the time to put into a full kit build for a while, however I decided I'd rather get something I can enjoy now rather than constantly putting it off so yesterday put a deposit down on a lovely 1995 built SE and can't wait to get my hands on it!

01.thumb.jpg.2ff1133fb7b8dce45eb4cf07f3e0abdd.jpg

02.thumb.jpg.c1508ab5e0d966b2ea49a97b3ec9cb46.jpg

03.thumb.jpg.e6faef531f590ee3a5a1de4caf3d3a21.jpg

04.thumb.jpg.c995a6e72d19b9b302bc9bb43e6717fe.jpg

05.thumb.jpg.7f11973f0dca3c888c662938b2206f01.jpg

A bit about the car... It was garaged for nearly 20 years by the original owner not long after completion until last year when it was purchased by someone I know through another car club and brought back to life. The chassis and bodywork is immaculate having only seen about 600 miles, however the upholstery is in need of some TLC. The engine had also ceased up and rusted over that time to the point of no return so it has been replaced with a newly rebuilt (2000 miles) 1700cc Crossflow with twin Weber carbs and a lightened flywheel. It's getting new number plates (yellow and white), 4-point harnesses, a removable steering and fresh MOT before I collect it. 

There isn't much else I plan to do initially to it other than getting the carbs properly setup on rolling road and a little interior/exterior tidying up, and look forward to getting the car out onto the North Wales back roads to enjoy this summer. However I know what I'm like and it won't be long till I'm tinkering away to make it fully my own.

I've been a member (and moderator) of several car clubs in the past, so look forward to getting to know some of you, asking for lots of advice and hopefully getting to paw over some of your cars!

Thanks,
Andy

Very nice car and welcome to the club.

Hopefully some decent weather on the way soon, especially down South.

Here in sunny Scotland the forecast is for snow on Wed 28 March but likely just for a day.

• Like 1

Lovely looking car - definitely a car from the "more is less" school of thinking and all the better for it

• Like 1

:ww: Andy.

You're welcome to join @CosKevand I blasting around North Wales once the better weather arrives.

• Like 2

Hi

As Craig says,we will have to meet up and go for a run including a pit stop for a healthy breakfast :t-up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :) 

@CraigHew @CosKev Sounds good, cheers. I love a good pitstop breakfast on a run too :) 

I'm going to try and hook up with he Wirral and North West group too as it appears they meet at a pub about 3 miles from my house!

• Like 1

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Nice looking car. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Welcome on board :ww:,

As it turns out I'm your area organiser, you live within a mile as the crow flies, We meet at the Tudor Rose pub, at Two mills, on the first Tuesday of the month at 8-8.30pm, let me have your mobile number and ill add you to the text list for runs out meetings etc....would be great to see you at the meetings....

Cheers

Mark

• Like 2