Lower floor panels!

Robert Bannister (ROBBIE180)

Yes , I did get some steel ones made .

They were made by Steve Davies who used to frequent this forum but no longer has anything to do with Westfields as far as I know.

Given your location I would speak to Luke Alger

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pantherman said:

They were made by Steve Davies who used to frequent this forum but no longer has anything to do with Westfields as far as I know.

Steve went to work for Car Transplants Ltd, who I don't think really do much of that sort of work, Mind you, he's been off work recently anyway, as he's been rather poorly.

He seems to be, but his FaceBook feed showing the extent of the damage to his foot is not for the squeamish!

This is what the aluminium ones look like.

I removed mine cos i'm a short a£$e

DSCF0117.JPG

DSCF0119.JPG

DSCF0126.JPG

DSCF0129.JPG

DSCF0127.JPG

• Like 1

If someone is willing to draw them up I can make them

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Storvite said:

If someone is willing to draw them up I can make them

That is extremely tempting. Would they need straps like the pics above or would stronger/thicker material do the job. I say this as I'm quite 'big' 😀

I could probably have a go at drawing some up from the measurements on my 94 widebody when I'm back from hollibobs.

I can manufacture whatever you design on them, I’d have thought that steel without straps is the best way to go like the current cars

You will need to measure very carefully, don't assume anything, each side is a different size. 😲

Measure everything.....twice!  :t-up:

• Like 2

Keep in mind, if using weld in versions like the current cars do, that although it’s not particularly a difficult job for someone who knows what they’re doing with a Mig Welder, it’s not a trivial job either. The floor pans being welded in, will be a structural item and a critical safety part, (they carry the seats, after all :laugh: ), but also, require seam welding to four critical main chassis rails along with four key lateral chassis rails. 

Westfield’s retrofit kit, when it was available, used to consist of rivet in aluminium floorpans, and then two weld in steel “dropped” mounting straps for each side, for the seats. This meant a much easier welding job to retro-fit, but still had the strength of steel seat mounts. (Something That If I’m honest, does always feel a bit flimsy in the current all steel factory lowered floors.

I know a few that have fitted/had fitted lowered floor pans over the years, and it’s really helped them for sitting position though.

Hi all

I knew I'd seen that club members had looked at this before as I'd spotted it somewhere on the forum. I first looked it up for a family project that were thinking about, I've only just managed to find it again.

Gary

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.