New member looking for his first Westfield

Alfascozzesi

13 hours ago, GaryD1971 said:

That is a very big cutout in the baffle! I know it is for the oil pick up, but crikey! Mine is a lot smaller than that and it still fits fine whilst leaving most of the baffle in place. Could be some of the issue. Although your oil pick up may be larger on the ST unit than a standard zetec. 

Havent got a pic of the pick up pipe but if has a trumpet end ith a mesh filter in it about 60mm diameter and I think this is why it has been cut out.

I am going to get a new sump in a month or so. It just need to see me alright until then.

With all of that metal in the oil I think I may just bin the original engine rather than rebuild as a spare. Still not sure. May open it up a bit for a closer look.

1 hour ago, Alfascozzesi said:

Havent got a pic of the pick up pipe but if has a trumpet end ith a mesh filter in it about 60mm diameter and I think this is why it has been cut out.

I am going to get a new sump in a month or so. It just need to see me alright until then.

With all of that metal in the oil I think I may just bin the original engine rather than rebuild as a spare. Still not sure. May open it up a bit for a closer look.

It does sound the same as my oil pick up pipe. My baffle has a much smaller cut out than yours though. The sump still fits without any clashing of parts. 

I would probably have a look if it were my engine. More for my own piece of mind than anything else.  Also to check that you are not putting the problem part back into the replacement engine if you see what I mean.