Wet Tyres

Slow Gin

Hello, I'm new on here and the proud owner of Westfield bought from Mike Moss at the end of last year. A cracking little car that's been well cared for and I'm hoping to compete in the CSCC Mag 7s series. I need to buy a set of 'wets' and wondered what people recommend for track use. I have a set of Avon ZZRs for the dry and I understand that the ZZS is a good wet tyre but also I've been recommended the Khumo V70s.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts on this and also the best place to buy tyres. Do Avon support the Mag 7 rounds?

I look forward to getting to know people on here.

Many thanks

I helped out a mate at a few rounds of Mag sevens last year, and as far as I could see, most of the front runners were on v70s and they used the softest compound for the wet. Sorry, no idea of how Kumho denote their compounds.. but at a very wet.. (dangerously wet, I'd say..) .. Croft race, my pal didn't have the "wet" tyres, and he was way off the pace of those that did.

:ww:from Norfolk! I couldn't help but notice a lack of photo's. We like photo's! 

2 hours ago, Slow Gin said:

Thanks Andrew, that's interesting, looks like the Kumho is the tyre.

There are (or were last year) a couple of other Westy club members on here competing in Mag sevens. If you put up a post with Mag sevens in the title you may get more response. :t-up:

I raced with Mag 7's in the 2016 season, however couldn't make the 17 season. Am going to try my best to get out this year.

So hopefully see you around.

Mike's Car was a well looked after car that was capable of results. He is a nice guy as well.

I hated the wet as I couldn't find any tyres that I liked. I have bought some emarked (legal still) Yokohama A21's to try, they were recommended to me. Never tried the Kumho's so can't comment on those.

Lee