Windscreen wiper kit. SOLD

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

I bought this wiper set up second hand a number of years ago, when I first took the aero screen off my old car.

It includes,, motor, (with park switch), mounting bracket, drive and tubes, a pair of wheel boxes, including the Westfield angled spacers, note these need trimming, normally, to suit the car they’re going on. And the wiper arms with top hat retainers. The blades are shot, but can easily be replaced with Halfords universal fit blades.

In fact, everything included is  shown below.

9AFA69D4-A8AC-4934-B92B-F3C79A36E938.jpeg

(Well, except for the table and old towel!)

£50 plus postage.

I replaced this while I had the scuttle stripped down recently, as there is a little bit of wear, on either the drive spring, or the wheel boxes. It’s not really a problem, the wipers just stick a little short of fully parked sometimes. On a dry use car that needed wipers to pass an mot, (which these have done with no comments), you’d never notice. Even on a car that only caught the occasional shower, you’d rarely spot it. You have to be daft like me, and go out in heavy rain and snow before it becomes “a thing”! 

If you don't happen to have a lot of interest Dave, would you be willing to split, as I need a pair of the wheel spindles with the nylon spacers and wiper arms. I already have the motor and cable/tube assembly. 

Yeah, ask me again, next Sunday. If there’s been no interest, we’ll sort something out.

(I’ll be moving in the hopefully not too distant future, and I’m not dragging lots of spares with me!)

Dave i would be interested in the the wiper motor. Mine doesn't self park .

Neptune, it would be remiss of me to not point out that the auto park bit is typically a switch that plugs into the side of the wiper motors. They’re not that expensive either, check whether your motor will take one?

They’re whatever standard Westfield fitment is, I’ve never measured! I’ll have to see if I can work it out on the bench.

If you end up splitting these i would like the arms many thanks 

Sorry, not had any time this week to check for shipping costs etc. I’ll have to package them up and weigh them. I should be able to do it this afternoon, then I can give you a carriage price.

Sold to Mauro, pending payment

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.