RandyMcStab

OMEX 600 map for C20XE

Hi all!

Ive been collecting all the parts I need to convert my car Westy from carbs to injection. I’ve just picked up a used OMEX 600 with a ZETEC map on it. 

Does anyone have a copy of a C20XE map that I can use to get me going please?

A base map would be fine but if anyone has one which is close to my engine spec that would be fantastic! The car will still get a full RR once running but i need to get her running first.

My engine spec is:

- Early 1988 C20XE (full rebuild 1600miles ago)

- 86.5mm flat top pistons

- Piper fast road cams

- Ported head (std valves)

- ARP rod bolts (std balanced rods, ACL bearings)

- SBD inlet manifold (0 degree)

- Jenvey 45s (Mesh filters)

- Innovate wideband

- Westfield 4 into 1 exhaust

- Cosworth green injectors (adjustable pressure regulator)

- SBD lightweight flywheel

- SBD Coilpack and leads

I’ve built the engine for fast road reliable use as it’s mostly used on the road. Hence, the change to injection for better drive ability. I’m not expecting more power over my Weber 45’s and if I used the car on the track then I would happily of kept the Weber’s fitted. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Randy

Are those the old Bosch green injectors, if I remember right they’re low impedance type which can be a problem for some ecus...

It might be worth speaking to Omex, they are usually very good at supplying a base map, as, IIRC, their ecu can’t readily be programmed from scratch for a new engine by the end user.

Omex 600 can handle low impendance IIRC

This is the bit from Omex’s web site I remembered:

The 600 series ECU has two injector outptuts that are used to control 4 injectors semi-sequentially. Injectors should be high impedance, but low impedance injectors can be used with ballast resistors. Omex can supply injectors in a range of flowrates, both normal 'Bosch' size and 'Picos'. 

The injectors I have are high impedance, 12.2 Ohms if I remember correctly.

I would of thought that a fully programmable ECU could be mapped at any point for a new engine type? Surely It’s the timing that would be the big starting point between different engines??

Sort of, but it’s a massive oversimplification. There’s a lot more to an engine specific map than just the basic fuel and ignition maps, while yes you could adapt every sing map and look up table, it would take more knowledge than many “average” rolling road operators possess. Way better just to start with the right base map if you can.

Either that, or as a minimum, change all your sensor and coil pack to match the map that you do have!

10 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Sort of, but it’s a massive oversimplification. There’s a lot more to an engine specific map than just the basic fuel and ignition maps, while yes you could adapt every sing map and look up table, it would take more knowledge than many “average” rolling road operators possess. Way better just to start with the right base map if you can.

Either that, or as a minimum, change all your sensor and coil pack to match the map that you do have!

This is why I made the post, to seek help from fellow Westy owners who may have a C20XE base map?

The sensors I have are OMEX TPS, air and coolent sensors. The coil pack is wasted spark and can be fittted to both ZETEC and Vx engines. The only difference is the timing pick up.

So if anyone could help with a map that would be fantastic!

Cheers. 

Years back I had same engine but std cams and Omex gave me a ‘start up’ map. Bosch beige injectors. This was my previous Westie. 

Ultimately I would strongly advise a professional RR setup to get the best performance. Strongly recommend NMS. They put cams into my Duratec Westie and did a stunning job setting up the map. Key thing is map was fuel safe, very easy to melt pistons if badly set up. Especially on a recent rebuild on a hard to find parts plus expensive to get parts for XE.

Andy

So OMEX have sent me a map that is close to my engine spec. 

The ZETEC map limiting factor would of been the timing. The rest is adjustable. 

Big thumbs up for OMEX customer support! 

Once fitted the car will get a RR session. 

Cheers all!

• Like 2

I am in a simar position to you, I have an Omex 500 that has the map from a 225 bhp C20XE and my standard C20XE is is being converted from carbs to fuel injection so I wanted a base map to get it running or so I can drive it to the mappers, however after emailing Omex I got no response.

Do you have the contact details of where you sent your email please?

dont drive far on the base map they are usually massivley overfueled to stop any damage occuring and are only designed to get you going. you could end up with bore wash if you do

4 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

dont drive far on the base map they are usually massivley overfueled to stop any damage occuring and are only designed to get you going. you could end up with bore wash if you do

Agreed. When I ran a base map on mine I attached a (borrowed) wide-band lambda to keep an eye on the fuelling. Needed to tweak it a bit so that I was happy to drive it to my preferred mapper 60-70 miles away.