Warickshire Area Curborough Track Day 25 May 2018

Steven (WE51STE)

Hi,

As usual I've booked two days at the Curborough Track. This post is about the first event of the year on Friday 25th May 2018.

** To save the WSCC from any liability issues I have to let you know that the Curborough Track days ( As for the last 14 years ) have been booked by me ( or the previous Area Organisers ) and are not organised or sanctioned by the Westfield Car Club. **

The price to hire the circuit has gone up again this year so there is an increase in costs.

There will be a £30 Deposit ( Non Refundable ).

The remainder then will be paid on the day depending on the number of people attending ( with a maximum of 15 people ):

• Attending 15 people – £27 to pay on the day
  • Attending 14 people – £30 to pay on the day
  • Attending 13 people – £34 to pay on the day
  • Attending 12 people – £39 to pay on the day
  • Attending 11 people – £44 to pay on the day
  • Attending 10 people - £50 to pay on the day
  • Attending 9 people - £58 to pay on the day
  • Attending 8 people - £65 to pay on the day

I don't make a profit on these events and if there is any left over it will be given to the Local Hospice Charity.

1st Priority Warwickshire Area WSCC Members
2nd Priority Non-Warwickshire Area WSCC Members
3rd Priority Non-WSCC Members

Both of the Track Days are usually over subscribed so if you are interested in attending please get in touch ASAP ( You will need to pay your deposit to secure your place ).

These are always a great day and a safer way to explore the limits of the car / driver going round the circuit one at a time.

If you need any more information on Curborough please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Attending 15 out of a maximum of 15 : 12 Confirmed With Deposits ( £ 350 ) & 3 Deposits Pending.

1. Martyn Vann ( MartynV ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( Cash )
2. Justin Lever ( ) - £20 Deposit Paid ( Cash )
3. Geoff Hall ( OldBoy ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( Cash )
4. Nick Clark ( NickPC ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( Bank Transfer )
5. Rakesh Verma ( Via Rusty Nuts ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( Bank Transfer )
6. Daniel Beresford ( ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( PayPal )
7. Tony Shakeshaft ( Damper Man ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( PayPal )
8. Stephen Herbert ( stephenh ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( Bank Transfer )
9. Garry Barehead ( ) - £30 Deposit Pending
10. Luis Conde ( ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( PayPal )
11. Kit ( ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( Cash )
12. Ian Haywood ( ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( PayPal )
13. Gabriel Araujo ( ) - £30 Deposit Paid ( PayPal )
14. David Preston ( ) - £30 Deposit Pending
15. Alistair Jones ( ) - £30 Deposit Pending

Reserves
1. Andrew Gilbert ( AEG )

Pulled out :

Although I'm still not going to be able to drive the Westfield for a while I'm still intending to be running the events providing the sausage / bacon baps for breakfast and cooking the BBQ lunch.

Be safe and see you soon,

Steve

I'd like to book on this if I may. I'd be bringing my XI unless the weather forecast is awful.

PM me details for paying a deposit, if Warwickshire Area members aren't taking all the places.

Thanks for everyone for their early deposit payment I've updated the original post.

It looks like it's going to sell out quickly so for the rest of you please get your names down quickly ( and deposits in ) to secure your place.

Steve, I can only make the September day. Can you take me off this one please. 

The original post has been updated with some more deposits taken during lasts nights area meeting ( 3rd Thursday of the Month at the Falcon Inn @ Hatton ).

Updated with some more deposits.  There is only a couple of spaces left for the people that are interested please let me know ASAP.

There may be a space available for this Fridays Track Day.

if anyone is interested drop me a PM.

Hi,

Just a quick post to remind everyone of the Curborough Track Day Tomorrow ( Friday 25th May 2018 ).

If the people who are attending get there around 9:30 to set up get ready, the track will open at 10:00 and then close between 13:00 and 14:00 for lunch then open again till 17:00.

There will be a BBQ during the lunch break ( Burgers,Hot Dogs and Thai Marinated Pork Steaks etc ) also some Extra Hot Naga Relish for the Extra Stupid ^H^H^H^H^H^H Brave ;-)

If you can bring your own flask / water / pop to keep you hydrated during the day.

If your driving on the circuit you will need to bring the rest of your money and a crash helmet ( also required for passengers ). 

There are also petrol stations on both sides of the A38 so you will be able to keep your Westie topped up.

More information on the Curborough Sprint Course can be found here : http://www.curborough.co.uk/

There may be one place available for tomorrow if interested contact me ASAP.  The September Track Day is full but if you want to get your name on the reserve list you stand a chance of getting a place.

Have a safe day and hope to see you soon.

BCINU,

Squadron Leader Steven Mead

Steve, I still plan to be there, with Mrs. H.'s MX5, but if you have another driver to take my place then that is still fine by me. Either way, it is less than 1/2 hour's drive for me so i might as well come over, and if you haven't filled my place then I'll take part and see how the Memsab's car goes!

Well despite the weather forecast, everybody turned up and we had a great time. My first outing with the Warwickshire guys, and I found you all to be a great bunch, and Steve was an excellent host. Thanks very much. Mind you, I wasn't the only one in an MX5;):d

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gail and I must say a huge thank you to Steven Mead for organising a fantastic track day. He should also enter master chef for his culinary skills over breakfast and lunch, the Thai pork steaks were incredible, every one agreed.

Thankfully WSCC Warwickshire also took 1st place in the optional lawn mower and rally cross event with Martyn Vann taking the highly coveted first place for collecting the most endangered plant species!

The weather was mildly moist to say the least but it lead to lots of side ways fun, spins and parking in strange places!

All in all a great day seeing old friends and meeting new, we even had some come from Spain, well Leamington Spa after we'd sorted the confusion about when I asked " Where have you come from" :d

Any way see you all soon

• 2 weeks later...

Totally enjoyed the day at the track.   Didn’t enjoy the horrendous rain driving up.   I didn’t bring a camera.   Hoping some ones got some pictures of me on the track they could share email / put on here . 

Tony_shakeshaft@spaxperformance.com

scruffy car.. yellow wheels and nose , cage and often sideways.