Tonight Car SOS on More 4

DonPeffers

1 hour ago, GaryR1983 said:

I watched it nearly a year ago so not that new. Fairly sure they do a crashed RX7 in this series..

On what channel? 

It says brand new series on the info

5 minutes ago, GaryR1983 said:

Nat Geo.

Series 6 Episode 1 screens for the 1st time tomorrow. They're doing an MGA Roadster. 

Ah right cheers,doesn't say 'new series to more4' for series 5 a*****s! :)

17 hours ago, jeff oakley said:

What spoils it for me is Tim Shaw, yes he is a petrolhead but does anyone find his "comedic" parts blagging funny, apart from him? 

Fuzz knows his stuff and has a good team around him just restore the cars make people who deserve a break happy and cut out the childish crap

I totally agree.  I am sure the production company pay a fair rate for all the parts that Tim so called 'blags'!.  I doubt even Matt Neal would have given away a set of wheels for the small amount of advertising he got.  Caterham may have donated the time for the publicity but no one can afford to give parts away for free in the current economic climate!

On 08/03/2018 at 12:49, GuitarmanUK said:

I totally agree.  I am sure the production company pay a fair rate for all the parts that Tim so called 'blags'!.  I doubt even Matt Neal would have given away a set of wheels for the small amount of advertising he got.  Caterham may have donated the time for the publicity but no one can afford to give parts away for free in the current economic climate!

Really enjoyed watching this, agree with above though, nothing given away!

I do wish they’d give up with this pretence of haggling for parts. Either use the time spent with more film from the visit to the supplier in question -it’s often quite an interesting segment. Or, use it for more workshop time.

There were some mahoosive gaps in the rebuild, particularly from the moment the chassis went out for blasting, that it would have been nice to see more of, rather than prattling around with balloons and false teeth that must have amused no one.

• Like 1

I do think people look too deeply into this :d We are a minority as grease monkeys. To be honest the wheels from Matt Neal probably cost him pennies to give away and may have made him more than he lost. Its a car show which could be boring to the majority of viewers if it was circlip here, split pin there.

• Like 1

I get what you are saying but for my wife she likes the beginning, where you get the story of what life changing event or sacrifices the owner made that led to the car being abandoned and the end where they burst into tears.

It is the same with DIY SOS where she hasn't the slightest interest in how to plaster a wall, but blubs along when a kid in a wheel chairs is shown his new home. That programme doesn't go into the comedy routine, they show things that are being built and it then appeals to the inner builder in me just as much as the aw factor for my wife.

Car SOS is okay but showing how they do things is more interesting than Tim Shaw being a buffoon and would improve it for many.

1 hour ago, jeff oakley said:

I get what you are saying but for my wife she likes the beginning, where you get the story of what life changing event or sacrifices the owner made that led to the car being abandoned and the end where they burst into tears.

It is the same with DIY SOS where she hasn't the slightest interest in how to plaster a wall, but blubs along when a kid in a wheel chairs is shown his new home. That programme doesn't go into the comedy routine, they show things that are being built and it then appeals to the inner builder in me just as much as the aw factor for my wife.

Car SOS is okay but showing how they do things is more interesting than Tim Shaw being a buffoon and would improve it for many.

Sorry, I wasn’t being clear! It wasn’t those sections I was having a moan about. I like hearing the back story too, and for the same reasons TJ said, I recognise that they’re an important part of broadening the shows appeal. It was just the daft filler pieces like the balloon, the teeth etc.

I’m not even saying they have to be replaced with straight (boring!) technical stuff either; you could have included larger biographical segments about the relevant suppliers, or more back story, 

I was going to add, as long as we don’t go down the US route of fake confrontation/deadlines all the time, American Chopper style. And then I remembered the “he’s collecting it early” phone call, followed by you’ve only got a day left. Yet the handover was still carried out at a pre arranged L7 Club gathering at a Shellsley Walsh event. Doh!

• Like 1

Yeah hopefully it doesn't go to being like the American shows:down:

As much as I love the workmanship and money the americans spend on doing the cars as dave says the whole confrontation/deadline part is just boring and no one believes it surely?

I met Fuzz one day at work on Shrewsbury station, really sound and down to earth bloke.Was truly appreciative of me saying I watched the show and liked it,and thanked me for watching it! :)

I have been told by someone that works in the garage they used to use in church Stretton though that Fuzz only shows up with the camera crew,films then leaves

• Thanks 1

We are  bit short of car shows that are 'pleasant' to watch currently. We had lost Wheeler Dealers Ed, Top Grind  er Gear . Also from what the 'general consensus is Grand Tour is pretty drab too. So, what does it leave us with ? Not a great deal. Even all the USA stuff is dire . So, we have Car SOS left. And to be honest, its the best of a bunch .

• Like 1

If Wheeler Dealers "has" to be the format it is, I actually prefer it with Ant to Ed.

Though I do hope to see Ed in something that would suit him, hopefully soon!