Tonight Car SOS on More 4

DonPeffers

May have been televised before but just noticed 9pm tonight 05 March channel 14 freeview More 4 has episode refurbishing a Caterham 7.

8 hours ago, DonPeffers said:

May have been televised before but just noticed 9pm tonight 05 March channel 14 freeview More 4 has episode refurbishing a Caterham 7.

No its the latest series,so new :)

Cor, that was absolutely rotten! Glad my car is fibreglass.

• Haha 1

The galvanic corrosion between steel frame and ali panels is not uncommon which is why many are very low mileage, never go out in rain let alone see Winter use and the salt devastation that brings.

Fantastic refurb. job and I liked the helium ballon trick with Matt Neal.

Enjoyed the show but would like to see more build detail similar to Wheeler Dealers although it is not that type of programme. 

Did a great job of that :sun:

Paint finish looked rather shonky though on roll bar/wishbones etc:ph34r:

So putting 2 and 2 together Rimstock/TD manufacture the Apollo wheels? 

Grumpy old man mode on/ Well I watched car sos for the first and last time, while the end result is commendable, I found the whole format of the program a load of rubbish, as with all these type of program there was far too much repition, can they not fill one hour with interesting stuff?:down:

Well to put Slasher in his place, I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Riviera Blue is a great colour and regardless of the car, the chap thoroughly deserved having the car restored for him as a thank you from his wife. Very touching. 

I think we have to remember that we are addicted to spanners and oil, whereas the general punter isnt, so finding that balance of filming is tricky, but I thought it was right. 

I hope he enjoys the car and he was in deepest Berkshire, so maybe I may see him around , which would be cool.

Now go and finish your horlicks slasher :d

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Well to put Slasher in his place, I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Riviera Blue is a great colour and regardless of the car, the chap thoroughly deserved having the car restored for him as a thank you from his wife. Very touching. 

I think we have to remember that we are addicted to spanners and oil, whereas the general punter isnt, so finding that balance of filming is tricky, but I thought it was right. 

I hope he enjoys the car and he was in deepest Berkshire, so maybe I may see him around , which would be cool.

Now go and finish your horlicks slasher :d

I'm old enough to remember real telly's y'know those 19" black and white ones :rolleyes:

i suppose it was far easier to fill a 19" screen for an hour, than trying it fill a 50" one :p

On 05/03/2018 at 21:01, CosKev said:

No its the latest series,so new :)

I watched it nearly a year ago so not that new. Fairly sure they do a crashed RX7 in this series..

Downloaded it on catch up, to watch while I have my tea!

:db-westy:

What spoils it for me is Tim Shaw, yes he is a petrolhead but does anyone find his "comedic" parts blagging funny, apart from him? 

Fuzz knows his stuff and has a good team around him just restore the cars make people who deserve a break happy and cut out the childish crap

• Like 2
  • Haha 2