Wilwood Midilites with Standard MC

Peter (Monty)

Peter (Monty)

Hi all, I have a niggling doubt that I'd like to put to rest...

I'm using Wilwood Midilites for my the front brakes, with 285mm vented discs. These came from Rally Design as a Westfield-specific kit with mounting brackets, code BK1U (link).

However I'm using the standard master cylinder and am wondering if this is okay or if I'm going to have issues with insufficient pressure or unsuitable pedal travel? Should I be using a different MC with a different diameter?

They will be fine. This is what I have. As long as you asked for m16 piston in your caliper it works fine.

Wide range of pads to fit too.

Cheers jon

• Like 1
Peter (Monty)

Thanks, that's reassuring. I checked my order history and realised I actually have BK1M, which is "Cortina/Westfield" rather than the BK1U "Westfield Ally Upright"... I got them to fit anyway though, all the geometry is the same... I guess the brackets are just a little different.

Peter (Monty)

Just to cap this off I called Rally Design this morning who kindly confirmed that the Westfield kit calipers have pistons sized for the original master cylinder. Additionally the only differences between the BK1U and the BK1M are the brackets, which are slightly different to accommodate the upright geometry (but only by a small amount).

• Like 1
6carjon

with the right pad choice I have never needed to upgrade my front brakes further. I did also fit a proportioning valve to the front circuit to allow a more rearward balance when preferred and this gave my personal optimum reducing front dive with a really aggressive pad.

you can vary slightly for the mot and wet weather and then more rear biased for a track or dry driving day.

• Like 1