Wirral and North Wales to Scotland.

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

2 hours ago, jeff the joiner said:

Hi Gary we will be coming up the A9 to Inverness then the A835 to Ullapool hoping to get there about 6pm.

Jeff

Hi Jeff ok will try and organise some troops for a welcoming party 

3 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Hi Jeff ok will try and organise some troops for a welcoming party 

I would be up for that too..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2018 at 19:01, David-hrv said:

I would be up for that too..

Maybe me too, I'll keep an eye on this.

Would be good to get out and meet some folk.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2018 at 12:03, jeff the joiner said:

Hi Gary we will be coming up the A9 to Inverness then the A835 to Ullapool hoping to get there about 6pm.

Jeff

Hi Jeff there’s a few lads up for a meet up so if your aiming for Ullapool @ 6 pm we could aim to be at tarvie  snack bar ( on the left) inbetween contin ( fuel stop ) and garve on the A835, we would aim to be there 4.30 ish after a wee run out and come up to Ullapool for a chippie n blether  before running for home

let me know how that works for yourselves 

gary

• Like 1

Hi Gary that sounds good, I think I know the snack bar but I will keep you informed before we set off.

Jeff  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeff the joiner said:

Hi Gary is the snack bar, Tarvie Services?

Yes it used to be but is just a snack bar now, shuts at 4 though 

last fuel before Ullapool is in contin 

It getting near, for all those who haven't go the meeting place or meeting time.

Meet at B&Q Warrington, WA2 8RD.  Time 8-00am we need to  be on the M6 by 8-15am.

Any problems give me a call

Jeff

Getting close and getting excited.

Upgraded the factor 15 to factor 30, super strength midge repellant on order. Would leaving the wet weather gear at home be a step too far?

This is going to be great, epic. Bring it on.

• Like 3

John take the half hood with you, it will help to keep the sun off you when it gets to hot

I'm up on the Isle of Barra Outer Hebrides sharing a hotel with a couple of Catering van owners, they looked down their noses at me when I said I had a Westie!!!

The weather is absolutely brilliant, even out here in the Atlantic. Once you have had enough of the west coast (unlikely for a long while!) we must organise to do the outer Hebrides, the roads are as good as the west coast, the scenery and beaches even better and the food is amazing. We've spent a week working our way from Stornaway down to Barra crossing endless causeways between islands and getting to know Calmac Ferries very well. 

I hope all goes well with your trip, give my regards to Ullapool and watch out for those boulders in the middle of the single track roads.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yellow perilous said:

sharing a hotel with a couple of Catering van owners, they looked down their noses at me when I said I had a Westie!!!

Fortunately, that type of owner seems very much the exception rather than the rule. Unfortunately in the past, at least, it did seem to be a bit of an attitude issue amongst more of the L7CGB’s equivalent of our AO’s than you would have hoped for.

Only two sleeps to go!!

Car ready to go.

Getting excited!!

Car ready wife said,:sun: its like a new pin, whatever that means

Have a safe trip tomorrow looking forward to meeting up

Sunday (tomorrow ) in order to meet up with the welsh lads we’re heading out early from Dufftown

10 - 12 is cars and coffee at Inverness followed by a run out round the Black Isle , re-fueling  at contin before meeting up with the welsh lads and on upto ullapool for a chippie tea and blether before heading home

Anyone fancy joining us either at Inverness or contin 

Gary