Wirral and North Wales to Scotland.

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

8th to the 12th July, 2018.

This will be our third Scottish tour, around the north west of Scotland, part of the NC500.

Staying at the Morefield Motel, Ullapool, it's the ideal base for trips to Skye, Applecross and Durness. The wee mad road will be part of the route but for a change Applecross will be in reverse. Not reverse gear but coming down instead of going up. Jeff's idea, and we always follow Jeff.

Places are limited, if you are interested and want more info then please get in touch.

On the last day of last year's tour, I asked the lads, where next year? "Here again" was the unanimous reply, says it all.

P1010616.jpg

Count me in. Looking forward to it 

Would have loved to have joined you guys on this trip, unfortunately I'll be in the south of France watching the Tour de France.

Hopefully next year if you return.  Hope you all have a blast ;) 

Club night 6th March, see you there?

4 hours ago, jeff the joiner said:

Is that Graham studying the rock formation? 

I think he's lubricating it.

• Haha 1

On 2/25/2018 at 22:16, bollockybill said:

Applecross will be in reverse. Not reverse gear but coming down instead of going up. Jeff's idea, and we always follow Jeff.

P1010616.jpg

Doing the Applecross loop from Shieldaig going anti-clockwise gives fantastic coastal views. Enjoy.

The 2018 Scotland tour will be travelling up on Sunday 8th July, returning on Thursday 12th.

Twin en suite rooms with breakfast have been reserved at the Morefield Motel, costing £328 per room or £164 per person. A deposit of £41 per person is required by 30th April. Note that this deposit is non refundable.

Places are limited, if you are interested please let me know.

John.

• 1 month later...

John, have a look at the thread, Applecross 2018 clan McWesty, the pass over to Applecross is closed between 6pm and 7-30am

Jeff

Hi everyone 

i wont be doing long journeys this year until I get to know my motor 

also I have mentioned that I can’t do 8.30 at Tudor rose meet nights because of the nature of my business, I’m up at 3.00am most mornings but please keep me posted as I always take interest in what’s going on 

Thanks for last Sunday I enjoyed it 

and John WD40 sorted wipers out got underneath dash thanks for your post the other day cheers

Deposits.

Most already received but some (you know who you are) yet to pay. £40 please.

Club night 1st May is the deadline, firm reservations with the motel will then be made.

6 people are going in 5 cars, so if you fancy it there’s still time, but be quick.

John.

• 1 month later...

Hi John I'v been talking to Darren today he asked if there is any rooms left at the hotel?, he'd like to join us when we go.

Jeff

On 30/05/2018 at 19:45, jeff the joiner said:

Hi John I'v been talking to Darren today he asked if there is any rooms left at the hotel?, he'd like to join us when we go.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Should be no prob if Darren comes.

John.

Hi boys what route are you taking en route to Ullapool on the 8 th July as may get a posse together to join up for the last bit up to Ullapool 

15 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Hi boys what route are you taking en route to Ullapool on the 8 th July as may get a posse together to join up for the last bit up to Ullapool 

Hi Gary we will be coming up the A9 to Inverness then the A835 to Ullapool hoping to get there about 6pm.

Jeff