Spare wheel brace and 13" spare wheel cover

George Heighway

I'm after something to tie my spare wheel down on my westie. There's a by the looks of it m10 thread in the back of the car and a support for the wheel to sit on but there isn't anything to actually thread in. Hoping that someone on here may have what I need and be willing to sell on? Also I'm after a 13" spare tyre cover if anyone can help. Can get them on eBay but whilst I'm on here may as well ask. Thanks 

IMG_1395.PNG

On my previous car there was a bracket that was welded to the chassis. The bracket also held the number plate so that the spare wheel sat between the plate and the rear of the car. The bracket took most of the weight of the spare - it was just held in place with a bolt through one of the wheel bolt holes. Not sure that a single 10mm bolt would be string enough to take the weight of the wheel.

You can see the bracket in the photo

Sorry - I know it doesn't help in your search.

Mark

IMG-20170815-WA0003.jpg

26 minutes ago, Chester said:

On my previous car there was a bracket that was welded to the chassis. The bracket also held the number plate so that the spare wheel sat between the plate and the rear of the car. The bracket took most of the weight of the spare - it was just held in place with a bolt through one of the wheel bolt holes. Not sure that a single 10mm bolt would be string enough to take the weight of the wheel.

You can see the bracket in the photo

Sorry - I know it doesn't help in your search.

Mark

IMG-20170815-WA0003.jpg

Yeah I've got the bracket already welded to the chassis just didn't know if there was a bolt kit or what have you that would secure it back. thanks for your help 

I have the support bar that should be bonded to the inside of the body, which appears you've not got!

20150927_140227-1.thumb.jpg.56938329f93f37921fdaeb29d177affe.jpg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.