Age of Westfield Model

seven7

24 minutes ago, seven7 said:

but i dont have that number!!! respective somebody might have used a differtn ID to make the car older than it is.....

Keep yer hair on :d

How was I supposed to know there’s no chassis number? No chassis number means no ID. Now that’s a problem.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, seven7 said:

how many times i need to explain this: the number might be from a differtn car....not uncommon  that ID´s from  older westfield´s are used to make younger ones roadlegal over here.

so i ask again:

from which year onwards westfield used those widebody chassis with symnetric diagonals and such kind of pedal box and such kind of dashboard?

Good luck in finding out, I'm outta here :bangshead:. Pointless trying to help some people. If your'e not sure go buy something else that's legit and not dodgy , simple

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Keep yer hair on :d

How was I supposed to know there’s no chassis number? No chassis number means no ID. Now that’s a problem.

i thought i have explained that several times already above? ;)

sure the car has a chassinumner...but nobody can guarantee me that this number is matching with the original number, as the car was delivered and 1st registered in UK

Just now, seven7 said:

i thought i have explained that several times already above? ;)

sure the car has a chassinumner...but nobody can guarantee me that this number is matching with the original number, as the car was delivered and 1st registered in UK

Nope, you mentioned it AFTER my post.

what makes you suspect the chassis number has been altered? 

1 minute ago, Thrustyjust said:

Good luck in finding out, I'm outta here :bangshead:. Pointless trying to help some people. If your'e not sure go buy something else that's legit and not dodgy , simple

the problem is: before  i can really declare something as "dodgy" i should definately know if it couöd be dodgy.

thats why i asked....

6 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Nope, you mentioned it AFTER my post.

what makes you suspect the chassis number has been altered? 

nearly all westfields i have seen with such a chassis, upper dash , pedalbox had  a later registration than 1991....thats why i´m concerned.

1992 is the last year where cars without cataytic converter could be registered over here....1991 would make it even more easier  for the registration

the nose is definately not from a 1991 car...but this migt have been changed later...this said...can anybody tell me if this is a low line or high-line car ?

Edited by seven7

Get a photo of the chassis number, a photo of the log book detailing the chassis number etc, call the factory in the UK and speak with them.

As has been said, if you're unsure walk away.  Appreciate the European marketplace for Westfields is a little stranger than here in the UK, which may encourage fraud but common sense prevails.

If something looks like sh*t and smells like sh*t, chances are, it's sh*t....

dear craig....a pic of the chassinumer does not help...as the number might have been "modified"....the british logbook is usually withheld by the german authorities...if the seller has not made a copy its gone...best would be to get the original british reg-number....but same story: from who?

thats the reason i´m posting here: sometimes lots of things could be narrowed-down by checking details on the car.

Edited by seven7

A pic of the chassis number could help. Because we would probably be able to spot a fake vs an original.

Also, there was a time when numbers were on the lower front crossmember and later were on the diagonal.

It all helps.

One problem in trying to id the age is that often, during a “transition” period, the factory would make a chassis that “looks” like one from a different year.

My own chassis was made in 2014, but does not have cage bosses that were supposed to be standard a year or more earlier.

i know...but i will not get a chassinumer unless i personally see the car...also german TÜV often insists that the chassinumber is located on the right side....so often the number on front crossmember will be embossed additionally on one of the right side chassis tubes to fullfill the TÜV demands and the original number might be left...or not (as its a welded plate which is easily removeable)...so again: the chassinumber and its location or "style" of embossing cannot tell the real truth.

so its all about investigating the age according to details on the car.

Thanks for the explanation, I can now see how frustrating this is. 

Good luck finding the answer - sorry I can’t help with it though. 

Go easy chaps, it's clear that English is not his first language.

can you ask the vendor to send you photographs of the chassis number? If we could look at it we may spot something that looks dodgy.

Looking at your photos, the car has the kit bodywork with the swage lines on the rear arches running down to the rear lights. Mine is a1996 model with kit bodywork but doesn’t have these swage lines. I believe the swage lines came later. It also has the later windscreen uprights with higher mirror mounting points. Mine does have the same pedal box and symmetrical diagonal braces as the one you are looking at though. Also has the later ducted nose. I would be a bit suspicious of this car if I were looking at it, and would need a lot more information from the vendor before making a decision. Good luck! 

Can't help with the chassis tube ID etc as I'm not familiar enough with the older models, however:

2 minutes on Google shows that the car was for sale in Germany at some point recently.  This is probably where the OP managed to get the images from as they're the same

Hier finden Sie uns

CLASSIC CARS

J. Ames
Hofstrasse 4 - 6
54518 Platten

Kontakt

Rufen Sie einfach an unter

+49 6535 7040

+49 171 7732098

Now clearly, this may have been some weeks ago, or many many months ago as the car doesn't currently feature on the dealers website anymore.

BUT: If you're interested call them and find out what they know?

If they sold it recently, and it's up for sale again that may be suspicious but until you make some enquiries from the seller you're in the dark.

As others have said, Good Luck.....