Zetec roadcar - bought one now

RobT

I've managed to sell my first track car and am missing it terribly. I had the MR2 for 6 years and had a load of fun in her but decided last year to move up to a Westy . It seems like the easiest way to shed 400 kilos. Some of the local chaps have been kind enough to take me out in theirs so have been in some really well built cars. Very impressive. I've also been unlucky enough to test drive a truly neglected model with seized suspension and brakes so have seen an unloved example with an impressive amount of rust.

I'd like one that has been loved and not used as a winter hack. A windscreen is a must as I don't want to have to wear a helmet all the time - only on track days. I'm not too fussy on the engine but would like about 160bhp ish. Having said that I would like a twin cam engine but not too fussed if its a Ford or Vauhxhall or other. More power would be nice but don't want too much for my first one. Would like it to be from 2000 if possible as am trying to avoid any rusty chassis and the newer the better really.

Let me know if you have anything that fits the bill as I'm happy to travel the length of the country for the right one.

I found a Mazda sdv which is close enough to what I want. Thanks for all the replies.

Edited by RobT
Bought one now

Could be tempted to sell you mine but it would have to be the right price! 2007 FW 2.0 Zetec Jenvey Throttle Bodies, MINT! Never seen rain. Has full weather gear. Very reluctant to sell it. Just over 7000 miles.

IMG_1033.thumb.jpg.83e56e8139971f9612b0494089a2b691.jpg

IMG_8842.jpg

IMG_8039.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.