Silvertop Zetec belts

Quinten

Question for the collective; if you have the choice between

1) timing belt (Gates 5360XS)
2) timing belt + pullies (Gates K035360XS)
3) timing belt + pullies + water pump (Gates KP35360XS)

what do you pick?  I need to replace the belt, and I was going to replace the water pump too, but replacing the pullies never crossed my mind...  Should I?

Q.

The pulleys are usually the plastic idler pulleys and the tensioners.  On tin tops with the usual high mileage belt changes, the idler pulley and tensioners are always changed.

If yours are known  low mileage, look ok and the bearings are good .. no reason to change them. 

if it's only a few £s difference, change them anyway, then you have a common change date/mileage for all parts

• Thanks 1

I decided to do the lot in one go as insurance really - get ya self the kit to lock the crank and cams plus a huge bar to crack the crank pulley as the crank pulley was the biggest challenge for me ... 

3) timing belt + pullies + water pump (Gates KP35360XS)

Do check the water pump is the same as the one you take out. The original fitment may run in reverse depending on the belt run you have. I think I had to replace mine with a Ford Orion 1.8 water pump. I may be wrong, I haven't done mine for a long time.???