Early renewal

TAFKARM

If you renew early, does renewal run from expiry of the old one? I ask as I think I've lost a month?

My renewal has come through but says its not running out until end of next month, but I did buy it a month earlier last year. Not sure if I will renew though................

Only kidding , you can put up with me writing cr@p for another year...........

• Like 1

Check with the Membership sec. @Mark Redpath - WSCC Membership Secretary, but at a quick glance to my inexperienced eye it looked OK, I just can’t see when it expires this year?

Essentially you get a reminder a month ahead of the expiry dates, I can see these going out as normal for the last couple of years, and I can see you’re payment of them showing up. Mainly in June of each year, with the actual membership expiring in July each time.

But do have a chat with Mark, he’ll be much more familiar with what he’s looking at!!

As a former MemSec I can assure you that...

If you renew before your membership expires, the year is added to the expiry date, not the renewal purchase date.

If you renew after your membership expires, your membership restarts from the date of renewal purchase.

This is all automated.  It’s not possible to lose a month unless an admin goes in and manually changes the expiry date, something they wouldn’t do unless there was an extremely pertinent reason, such as two full member accounts being merged or closing an account if someone unfortunately passes away, but both of these are very rare.  It’s not a simple operation or one that can be done by accident.

13 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

As an former MemSec I can assure you that...

.................I will randomly rename any member I please, at any time that suits me.. and I may even change their avatar, then, if I choose,  change it back ............... :ghostface:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, marcusb said:

.................I will randomly rename any member I please, at any time that suits me.. and I may even change their avatar, then, if I choose,  change it back ............... :ghostface:

Ah, the good old days... remember the days of terror if you ever think the place is too quiet! :laugh:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

Ah, the good old days... remember the days of terror if you ever think the place is too quiet! :laugh:

indeed.. far too civilized now :laugh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marcusb said:

indeed.. far too civilized now :laugh:

Just shows what a good club this is - it survived me being in charge! :laugh:

• Haha 1

Hmmmmm, just tried to renew my membership via the link on my email. Doesn't recognise me. So I sign in with password and directs me to the forum. No link to payment. Go to shop and doesn't recognise me as a current member and wants £30 :oops:

Help please admin , unless you don't want me here.....................;)

Try going to Store | Manage Purchases and you should see your membership invoice if it’s due.