Wanted - Type 9 input shaft nose cone

spm

Seems like my assumption that I could use the input shaft nose from my type E for coming out for my type 9 going in was incorrect. :down: Should have looked into it a bit more. 

Anyone have one or any ideas where to get one ...apart from Qaiffe/Burton @ £75 !!

Thnaks

Simon

19 minutes ago, wizzer said:

Good find. Could be, dont know part no. specifcally as I have'nt got one, not sure if there are many variants or just long and short.

In Israel as well, was hoping for something a little more local in case its not right ! 

I think I've still got one somewhere as I took it off when changing to a hydraulic clutch slave cylinder - anyone that has gone down the hydraulic clutch route may also have one spare. Can I just confirm that the part you want is part that the clutch release bearing slides on over the input shaft of the box?

9 minutes ago, Phil J said:

I think I've still got one somewhere as I took it off when changing to a hydraulic clutch slave cylinder - anyone that has gone down the hydraulic clutch route may also have one spare. Can I just confirm that the part you want is part that the clutch release bearing slides on over the input shaft of the box?

Hi, Yep thats right also described as a gearbox front cover / clutch bearing tube. Sounds positive, I was hoping it could be something that someone had hanging around. Let me know if you find it and are happy to part with it. 

Thanks

14 minutes ago, wizzer said:

Thought they where all the same length , isn't it the shaft thats different size

This any good

https://www.bearingkits.co.uk/Ford-Sierra-Type-9-gearbox-front-cover-clutch-bearing-tube/674.htm

Yes could be, but the part numbers look to be 7050 BA which I think are long as I've seen a pic of the right one which has a part number of 7050 AA, but I could be wrong altogether. Could cut down if it is I suppose, but rather not. I'll give them a call as well.

Thanks for your help.

Im sure i have one of these kicking about. If you havent got sorted i will have a look for you

8 minutes ago, chriss1455 said:

Im sure i have one of these kicking about. If you havent got sorted i will have a look for you

Have'nt got one sorted yet although possibilities are bubbling around, and I appreciate the responses so far.. 

I'll happily give money to the whoever can put one in the post for me.

Thanks

Simon

Hi, I've got a spare bellhousing with the nose cone incorporated, it's not alloy so if weight is a concern it won't help much, but otherwise would be an ideal solution. Let me know if it's of any interest.

Cheers

Barny

Hi Barney, its the box I bought from you that I'm putting in.....eventually (don't ask !!) :down:

Think I might have one from Neil (NDS), above, he is going to put one in the post for me. I have an alloy bellhousing so seems logical to retain that, but I will be in touch if that doesn't work out.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon, no worries at all, I knew it was you who bought the box but wasn't sure if it was the same one! You'll love it once it's in ;) (said the actress to the bishop!! :laugh: )

If Neil can't help just give me a shout.

All the best

Barny

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.