The Windmill Returns, Sat 10th Feb

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

ha ha ha there is a dilemma going on in our house tonight. Obviously we are going in my very cute little MX5 (I drive) tomorrow, unless you talk to Glen, who says NO we are having the luxury of his Z4 (he drives). Never fear, I have a plan, we need to take the hip flask of whisky and then I can drive HIS Z4, everyone is happy then. oooooh oooooh :getmecoat:

As the forecast is rain Maverick and I won't be attending :cry:

The long range forecast looks good for next weekend so the first outing will be at the Yorkshire Breakfast meeting all being well.

Yeah, I’ll give this one a miss too, to much on really, some of which is trying to get the Westfield back together!

Same here sorry, have fun!

Today is the day that you all get to know who wears the trousers in our house. Whose car did we go in then?

Put your glasses on and see if you can spot the windmill, it is photographed from the lovely, sweeping access driveway.

DSC03183.JPG

So, Glen wears the trousers and he drove in his car.

Getting closer

DSC03184.JPG

We met Andy, Becky, Martyn and Sue in Matlock before making our way to the windmill. 

DSC03187.JPG

We are not mentioning it, snigger, but Andy had picked up Rebeccas small coat this morning, instead if his, so he was walking about looking like we had let him out for the day. The funniest bit was that he was actually trying to wear it, you just wouldn't would you? Glen whispered to Rebecca 'you are trusting this man to rebuild the engine in your car when he can't even dress himself properly?' Poor Andy, he has taken all the stick today, he takes it well though, bless him.

We had a quick look around before making our way into the shop, where I bought some more flour and we had a chat with the volunteers that work there. Afterwards we went to Osmaston for lunch and puddings in the Shoulder of Mutton. Bingo, Glen had a beer, so I got to drive the big posh car home, no pressure but I was on my best behavior and it must have worked because he didn't shout at me.

DSC03193.JPG

Thank you to all for making a miserable, rainy Saturday into a great, fun day.

• Like 2

Thanks all for a great day out!!  It was an easy mistake to make with the jacket:durr: I know who my real friends are , they didn’t mention it at all during the day!!  As for support for my engine and car rebuild,plus the decorating at home the help and moral support we’re great fully received. See you all soon when I’m let out again Andy

• Haha 1