Seat Trim / Cover kits

Vogalogue

Hi Folks, I tried a search but couldn't find what I was after.

I'm after a set of Sport Seats. but would like to get the re trimmed to match the rest of my interior (Biscuit with green piping).

I was hoping to find a company that did seat covers (in terms of a proper retrim kit, to give a "factory" finish, as opposed to one size fits all ebay covers, or small wooden beads).

The idea being that I can DIY fit them (when I get seats) with out having to worry about the logistics of getting seats to and from people, or paying for a "bespoke" trimming service.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Charlie.

I’ve never come across what you’re looking for on the current seats. however, the company that currently makes Westfields seats and trim is Cobra, and, when I got a hole torn in one of my near new Sport Turbo Seats, Westfield sent it back to Cobra for recovering.

It might be worth seeing if the factory can get a Cobra to do yours? (Though it’s often cheaper to have something made locally, to be fair).

I'm having a pair of seats re-trimmed at a local trimmer, have a look locally. Even out here in the sticks there was a choice of 3!

Gary

• Like 1

I would think the only place you would get a new cover for the seats without having the seat would be the manufacturer as they should have the patten. Otherwise for a different company to produce a new cover they would need the old cover to use as a template. 

You may be able to strip the seats of their covers and send the covers to a company to be replicated in your chosen colour scheme. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, banshee said:

Couldn’t Intatrim do it

They certainly could, but they’d just be doing the same thing a local trimmer would; make patterns from the existing covers and re-make or if the existing covers are too far gone, make patterns from scratch.

Intatrim are very good, but also very, very busy with their own seat range and cockpit retrims.

18 hours ago, banshee said:

Couldn’t Intatrim do it

I tried to get intatrim to do some work for me  maybe two months ago found them a waste of time,

They are local to me went to there workshop showed them the job I wanted doing not a hard job  "yeah we will call you with a price I need to speak to my business partner first "who I think just turns up when he feels like It,  two phone calls and a couple of emails later  I just gave up trying to spend my cash with them.

So I went to another well known local company  Aldridge Trimming that used too make some seats for the factory some years ago and I know they do a lot of high end work these days with retrimming E types and Aston's just too name a couple and I was expecting it to be very expensive, They couldn't do enough for me.They gave me a price on the spot  which wasn't that expensive at all and they said leave the items now and collect them in three days I thought yeah right they won't be done that fast. Three days later the item were finished and the work was stunning.

The difference between the two companies was unbelievable 

• Like 1

Thanks Folks, 

Looks like a  local re trimmer it is!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I now have the seats, Thanks to Greenstreak.

Before I start searching for local trimmers, can anyone local recommend anyone? (Reading area) Milton Keynes is a 3h round trip! (But the work there looks good!)

I'm trying to keep to a budget on this build for cosmetic stuff so I'm not after bespoke Connelly hide!

On 19/01/2018 at 01:40, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I’ve never come across what you’re looking for on the current seats. however, the company that currently makes Westfields seats and trim is Cobra, and, when I got a hole torn in one of my near new Sport Turbo Seats, Westfield sent it back to Cobra for recovering.

It might be worth seeing if the factory can get a Cobra to do yours? (Though it’s often cheaper to have something made locally, to be fair).

How much did that cost you out of curiosity? 

It wasn’t cheap, but it was a brand new seat in a brand new car, so I just But the bullet! A figure of something like £170 springs to mind.

- the existing trim wasn’t “mended”, the seat was recovered with a brand new seat trim.

Thank you, I managed to do the same just before I left on this trip, and managed to rip a freshly installed seat

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late to the party but I've just had one of my seats repaired by Graeme Searle in Four Marks. Did an excellent job for a very reasonable price.

Not too far from you

• Like 1

Thanks!

Off to Trimmania in Wokingham on Saturday morning for a quote.

We'll see how that goes and if it works out I might get a quote to get the toneau pocketed for headrests too (depending on how my head scratching about fitting the RAC cage, and my seatbelts ends)