Rockingham track day 25th May

Andrew

Hi all ,

Would like to join you as a novice,

I might not be able to keep up but would like to learn the lines ,breaking ,lift off points etc 

Ive got a 238 bhp Dunnell Zetec car that’s more capable than me and would like someone show me how to drive it to its true potential ,Ideally Id like to get a few rides out with other drivers in their cars and would  like another more experienced driver take me out in my own car and show me what it can do .

would like a space in garage as have no wet gear in case it rains .

34 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

Hi all ,

I might not be able to keep up but would like to learn the lines ,breaking ,lift off points etc 

Ive got a 238 bhp Dunnell Zetec car that’s more capable than me and would like someone show me how to drive it to its true potential ,Ideally Id like to get a few rides out with other drivers in their cars and would  like another more experienced driver take me out in my own car and show me what it can do .

I wouldn't worry too much about being a novice, everyone starts somewhere.. :t-up: 

You should be number 10, so hopefully you can dump your gear in a third garage. :yes:

• Thanks 1

Pro tuition is a good way to go. I'd say have a few runs check car etc then go for a lesson to get lines etc and work on it for rest of day. Most all, enjoy...... it's not a race..... start slow and speed up.

Just seen sign on times..... it's a 3hr drive for me..... going to be and early start!

15 hours ago, Weekend Warrior said:

Hi all ,

You'll be most welcome! I'm happy to take you out to show you the lines in a slower car (MK1 MX5) and you're welcome to drive it too. Sometimes helps to learn a place at a slower pace then build up through the day.

Would be happy to passenger with you and drive your car if it's helpful to you, I know Rockingham well and hold the current class D record there. You can decide on the day if you're comfortable with that. I have an intercom system to enable conversation as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BCF said:

You'll be most welcome! I'm happy to take you out to show you the lines in a slower car (MK1 MX5) and you're welcome to drive it too. Sometimes helps to learn a place at a slower pace then build up through the day.

Would be happy to passenger with you and drive your car if it's helpful to you, I know Rockingham well and hold the current class D record there. You can decide on the day if you're comfortable with that. I have an intercom system to enable conversation as well.

Thanks for the offer that would be great :yes:  I’ve also booked a 30 min tuition slot at 2 

All booked up and looking forward to the drive to the circuit ,sandwiches in footwell and jerrycans straped into passenger seat ,  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Perfect, sounds like you're all set for a great day then! Look forward to meeting you.

Barny

Thanks Weekend Warrior, now we have a perfect ten. :t-up:

1.Andrew (me)

2.RussH

3.BCF

4.DE04*

5.timessex

6.Sootysport

7.Gary(KugaWestie)

8.Steve L

9. Timmay Zoom Zoom

10.Weekend Warrior

:sun:

And another reminder..

To book this one, you must first give me your name (PM) to pass on to the circuit so you get the discounted price. After they have your name, you can book on by calling Will Thomas on 01536 270143, stating you're in the discount group. 

I'm No. 6, my favourite number.  Should I wear my striped jacket?:t-up:

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:55, darve said:

Is this a good circuit to try out with a lot of extra power compared to last year :sun:

Not done Rockingham before

I'm glad it's all bolted up again.   You're going to love Rockingham.

Hi guys

i haven’t got a car yet but looking, I’m only in Stamford 14 mile from Rockingham, planing to pop in and see some cars go round and if it’s not to much of a problem have a poke around your cars, as I’m new I’m try to under stand the difference between gear box types and best engine options and so on.

simon.

2 hours ago, si_salisbury said:

Hi guys

i haven’t got a car yet but looking, I’m only in Stamford 14 mile from Rockingham, planing to pop in and see some cars go round and if it’s not to much of a problem have a poke around your cars, as I’m new I’m try to under stand the difference between gear box types and best engine options and so on.

simon.

If you're very nice you will be offered passenger rides by our merry band of men.  Most of us are happy to take passengers that are keen on Westfield's, you only have to ask.

11 hours ago, si_salisbury said:

Hi guys

simon.

Looking at the cars entered, you have a good selection of engines to poke around. Duratec, Zetec, VX, Mazda, Sigma and Pinto. Have I missed any? no BECs? :t-up:

• 1 month later...

Room for one more???

@Andrew