N Yorks trip to Seaton Carew. 28th January.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

On Sunday 28th January, I am going to go from Scarborough, up to Whitby and carry on to Seaton Carew near Hartlepool. I wont be going a direct route. Seaton Carew will be our turning round point. I will be stopping for coffees in various places and also getting fish and chips somewhere. Looking to leave around 9.00am. Does anyone fancy joining me.

• 2 weeks later...

well we had a cracking day out longest trip so far in the westy i would like to thank Geoffrey for planning these drive outs and the planning he does roll on next drive out 

westy.jpg

• Like 3

Had a brilliant day out.

Started early as went for breakfast first.

Headed to Whitby via a myriad of villages and single track roads and thats what I love about my Westfield. We never go the direct route and its brilliant finding all the country lanes.

After a stop in a cafe on the beach for coffee, we continued North towards Seaton Carew.

I did want to go over the transporter bridge in Middlesborough but unfortunately it was closed on a Sunday.

The area around Middlesborough to Seaton Carew is very industrial but it certainly has a beauty all of its own.

We stopped for food in Seaton Carew and I got my hopes up as I saw a sign that said " Eat, Drink and Lick"...I was gutted when it meant ice creams.

It was funny coming back through Middlesborough and seeing an adults motorbike been ridden on footpaths. He did salute us with a wheelie as we drove past.

We didn't want main roads coming back so we headed over single track roads within the North Yorkshire Moors and even though it was dark skies, the views where brilliant.

It really was a brilliant day with plenty of laughs and empty roads and the weather certainly was not bad and did not spoil our day at all.

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1