Paul’s Megablade

Paul_r

10 hours ago, RussH said:

Thanks paul appreciate that.

Hi Russ, managed to dig out various photo’s which show how the cut rear section of body attaches; you should see in the photos a small length of aluminium extrusion under the roll bar square mount, that piece fixes to the two holes in the bodywork, the rest is attached as usual (ie body to wheelarch and body to chassis at the very rear), hope this helps.

Paul.

3675_FB0_C-_FA00-4519-_BC89-8_D338716_D7

37_BE0_B01-_A671-4158-9551-85_E906_B4_CF

94_EF1_C24-5029-41_F4-_B8_D6-942_FF83546

E325_C383-_A835-4_DE3-8_B0_C-00_D1_E7869

• Like 3

Looks a nice car,in one of the best colours too :)

Where are you from?

Any dates booked on Oulton yet for this year? 

I'm only 35 miles from Oulton myself, so go there in he summer quite alot to nosey at track days. 

1 hour ago, CosKev said:

Looks a nice car,in one of the best colours too :)

Where are you from?

Any dates booked on Oulton yet for this year? 

I'm only 35 miles from Oulton myself, so go there in he summer quite alot to nosey at track days. 

Thanks CosKev, I’m probably around the same distance from Oulton as you, I’m in Holmes Chapel. I haven’t booked any dates yet as we have a newborn baby so free time is a little more limited! I hope to get along to some of the monthly meetings come spring though :-) 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, KowloonExpress said:

May i ask where you found the smoke colored aero screens? Or is it a film?

99% of aeroscreen's I've seen are tinted,seems the clear ones are rare! 

Westfield only list the tinted one on the website,not sure how long that's been for though. :)

https://parts.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=537&search=Aero+screen&description=true

1 hour ago, KowloonExpress said:

I purchased my Westie with this already fitted - however the car was originally a factory built car and the original build sheet lists an aero screen so I presume this is the original one as supplied by Westfield (although 17 years old now so their parts design may have changed) 

11 hours ago, KowloonExpress said:

Westfield screen is still the same fibreglass bottom part with a Perspex top which can be purchased separately, here's mine.

IMG_0734.thumb.JPG.c5bd3d0fd062edbaffed70439187fd58.JPG

99% of aeroscreen's I've seen are tinted,seems the clear ones are rare! 

Westfield only list the tinted one on the website,not sure how long that's been for though. :)

https://parts.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=537&search=Aero+screen&description=true

Ahh, ok, i always thought they were made from solid GRP something and not transparent tinted.  Now i got it. Well, mine is pretty old from 2001 but should be original. But it's 100% transparent and kind of scratched by now, would like to have one of those tinted ones so i might order one now in fact.   Thanks.

• Like 1