Oulton Park track day 10th April. + Booking info

Andrew

1 hour ago, bunje said:

Did it dry up for you guys?

It was drying up when myself and @CraigHew left just before the dinner break :)

And it was dry all afternoon at mine which is only 30 miles from Oulton so fingers crossed they had the same weather. 

They were all out braving it in the rain in the morning anyway,lunatics!:d

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO

had enough water in his passenger seat after the sighting laps to keep a goldfish in:marto:

• Haha 3

There was very nearly a dry line by the end of play. Horrendously wet in the morning, rain stopped about lunch time, but occasional drizzle seemed to prevent the track drying properly. There were some impressive puddles and rivers to negotiate which made it interesting. ;)

Because of the conditions, there were a good number of stoppages, so it's fair to say I've had better days at Oulton Park.

Will get some footage up if I can find anything worthy. :t-up:

• Like 1

Apart from getting wet feat & legs on the way there, and my indicators packing up due to water ingress no doubt, what a day!  So much fun sliding about.

Nice to meet you guys and put faces to forum names!

• Like 2

Enjoyed watching the action despite the foul weather. 

Fair play the WSCC guys weren't hanging back...!

• Like 1

Yes, very enjoyable despite the rain and nice to see old faces and new!

Spotted that Andrew had his SLR so awaiting some action shots :d

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosKev said:

enough water in his passenger seat after the sighting laps to keep a goldfish in

Yes, was a bit like this...

574303B2-AB16-4720-B17F-D27031D7A84B.jpeg

by the way @CosKev found a full set of wheel studs inc locking ones in my boot! I forgot the bloke gave me them for you with the wheels. 

• Haha 1

Good meeting up with you guys. Crazy fun. Think this was the driest spot to be!!922BD526-9BF0-489C-86EC-C96F3B3A9B9F.thumb.jpeg.e0429ad3b74232411c7d52d2718c6561.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Spotted that Andrew had his SLR so awaiting some action shots :d

I was only out using it for a couple of sessions, so didn't get everyone. The pro photos will be up soon though. 

Have dumped all my efforts on F/B 

https://www.facebook.com/andy.pugwash

DSC_5910.thumb.JPG.b0a214debe8eb8cb1797f34ec8b3a594.JPG

11 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Yes, was a bit like this...

574303B2-AB16-4720-B17F-D27031D7A84B.jpeg

by the way @CosKev found a full set of wheel studs inc locking ones in my boot! I forgot the bloke gave me them for you with the wheels. 

Ah right!:d

Bolts etc weren't mentioned in the advert so I wasn't expecting any! 

It was good to meet you all yesterday, I certainly learnt a lot over the course of the day and thank you for the passenger rides in your Westfields.  I can't wait until next time and hopefully some better weather!

• Like 2

A few laps from me from a session just before lunch I think... my six year old wets not inspiring confidence! :laugh:

Great to meet everyone and enjoy :d the conditions. Thanks to Steve H for the discount and Andrew for organising.

Very pleased we had garages we could share to shelter from the elements, particularly during the morning.

I could tell it was an interesting track day when there was a tannoy announcement to turn lights on otherwise we could be black flagged!

Also the 'Calm Down' gantry sign which was on display after the umpteenth red flag in the afternoon :)

Steve

• Like 2

Nice driving by AdamR! Has he been overtaken before :p Not such good driving by the MG Tintop without mirrors!