Sold !! FW Rear lights and reflectors

Thrustyjust

41 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

I have all the photos , but the build is only in my head. I did find it on Google weirdly the other night though. God knows why it was there.

Just think it would be like building you car again without all the cost and all the thumps as the courier monkey lobs parcel over your 6 foot gate. Go on, you know you want to!:d

Just like building another car, a second write up would be better than the first and the first was great!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the forum archive will contain a copy even though it is not accessible now, it could be retrieved and reinstated with your permission @Thrustyjust

I for one would love to read it again, along with every other S2000 builder :t-up:

22 minutes ago, Monty said:

I'm pretty sure the forum archive will contain a copy even though it is not accessible now, it could be retrieved and reinstated with your permission @Thrustyjust

I for one would love to read it again, along with every other S2000 builder :t-up:

I’d love to say a definitive yes, as the thread is sorely missed, and was hugely entertaining.

However, I don’t know how long the backup copies of the forum are kept before being overwritten and it’s a while since the thread was around.

Otherwise, I’m afraid the suppliers of the forum software intended “delete” to be pretty final. There used to be a four to six week window after a Post was deleted when an administrator could restore it, after that it was gone for good, unless it could be restored from a physical backup copy. And then in the last big forum update before the current one, the suppliers removed that restore option and made all file deletions immediate and irreversible, (again, unless a sepperate backup was made). When we realised this, IIRC, after Bunje accidentally deleted his own thread, and a Chris had to restore from a backup - Ben, reported it immediately, so we were in time, we removed the ability to delete posts- it was just too easy to do, and replaced it with “hide posts”. This still makes them invisible to everyone, but does mean an administrator could restore them without having to resort to the back up’s of the forum. (Chris advised that restoring Ben’s thread wasn’t easy!)

In a similar vein, we discovered one of the back stage “buttons” for dealing with spammers is a total nuclear option  and likewise irrecoverably deletes stuff with no way, outside of restoreing from external back up to bring it back.

Chris should be able to advise how far back the backups go.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.