Blacktop Zetec Cams Kent Cams + Piper Verniers

Derek182

Pair of Kent Cams camshafts for blacktop Zetec complete with Piper vernier pulleys.

From a 2014 hillclimb and sprint engine build, they have done one seasons hillclimbing, 4 trackdays and some road miles.

The cams have KC and Sportcam on them plus some letters and numbers on the end which I can't relate to the Kent Cams catalogue but I have a rolling road printout showing 185 bhp from the 1.8 Zetec they were in, along with a ported and polished head, 45 Webers and Weber Alpha ECU. With that set up the car drove really well and would still drive nicely at low revs.

£300, can be collected from near Chelmsford, Essex or posted at cost.

20180101_101448.jpg

20180101_101552.jpg

20180101_101659.jpg

I've now found the part numbers on the end of the cams, pics attached.

aeg has first dibs, jjem53 has second.

Cheers Derek

20180102_120805.jpg

20180102_121138.jpg

Still for sale, mainly because we aren't sure exactly what the cams are, I thought they were Kent because they say KC and Sportcam on them but the markings on the ends, which include BP270 and BP285 look more like Piper numbers.

The engine did drive really well on road and track before a rod let go!

• 3 weeks later...

Out of interest, was the dowel always there or is that a modification you have done? I’ve just bought a pair of Piper cams and they are plain ended.

6 hours ago, griffith500user said:

Out of interest, was the dowel always there or is that a modification you have done? I’ve just bought a pair of Piper cams and they are plain ended.

I believe new piper cams are supplied with dowels, but you drill cams to fit dowels when they have been timed . see here

I haven't done this myself (my piper  cams were secondhand), but the write up suggests this is how they come from piper

Are you prepared to split the verniers? If yes, do you know if they'd fit a 2.0 silvertop Zetec?

This is how they were in my engine, whether a previous engine builder added the dowels or whether they came from Piper like that I don't know.

At the moment I would rather sell them the cams and verniers together and I don't know if they would fit a 2.0 Silvertop.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.