Nice little Lotus 7 Video

Thrustyjust

The same could be said for a Westfield's side and tunnel, but fitting a fibreglass bucket seat to mine (SEiW admittedly, so wider), transformed the driving comfort on a track.

If I remember rightly though, those were even tighter than our narrow...

(Not saying that the seats we use now might not be more comfy and supportive, but in the context of the days when the Lotus was designed, most seats were quite different to what we have now.)

• 1 month later...

Just found this clip of a race with a series one, with an eleven at the beginning. Looks fun in a road race scary way. But not holding back too ! 

• Like 3

Great video. He wasn’t holding back. Lovely looking car. Good find. 

Straw bales against the lamp posts! Between the walls was scary. Super race, looks like a lot of fun.

The paddock is epic.

• 4 weeks later...

Found this tonight, with the joys of snow blighting our blatting this weekend, lets head to New Zealand for some sun and twisties 

Hey, if Scotland had 1million less people, had a land mass larger than Great Britain, a summer longer than three weeks and 90% less midges and potholes, I wouldn't long for home so much - because you can't knock Scotland on a good day, especially the Highlands and Islands!

• Like 1

Here's a couple more NZ vids of Sevens out and about.

This first one is on the inland road that runs down the top of the South Island to Christchurch. When the 2010 earthquake that destroyed most of the Christchurch CBD occurred, it also took out a good few miles of the coast road, which is State Highway 1, the main trunk road that runs the length of NZ. So this twisty back-road for a long while was the only route south to Chch.

This one ends up at the Mt John Observatory, with a magic 360 deg view which includes the mighty Southern Alps that run almost the entire length of the South Island.

• Like 2

If you ever find yourself in NZ and feel the need to wring the snot out of your rental car, there's few roads that can beat the Takaka Hill road in the top west of the South Island. It goes from sea level to 820 metres and back down to 110 metres in as the crow flies 15kms, so you gotta know it's twisty. The road eventually dead-ends at the village of Takaka, so there's not much traffic on the hill.

A bonus to the mighty blat is the Pupu Springs at Takaka, which has the second clearest fresh water in the world, with a underwater horizontal visibility of over 63 metres, a depth of 29 metres, and discharges 14,000 litres per second! Incidently, the clearest in the world is also in NZ.

We were over there to see the springs, etc about 10 years ago and had left our return too late and started the hill in the dark. From memory the missus and I had had a 'discussion' about something,  so I attacked the hill, only to hit fog so thick we couldn't see more than two car lengths in front for the whole traverse. There was no-one else stupid enough to travel the hill, I was in a mood, I still had young eyes and did alot of night driving back then, so kept blasting over the hill. She says she will never travel on that hill with me ever again!

takaka.thumb.jpg.44e5e587c28b9b0aca43b52846c76975.jpg

It's snowing here today in Glasgow, and when I skyped my mum in NZ the other night, she said it was so hot they were sleeping with just a sheet over them. Ho, hum :down:

• Like 1

Many years ago whilst driving round NZ for 3 weeks I recall driving a winding road from Christchurch to Akaroa. Very enjoyable in a car and would be fantastic for bikers.

Marvellous people, roads and scenery with the bonus of very little traffic---bliss.