I've purchased an SEiW project;o) - Restore Diary

PetrolDiaries

Hi I'm new to this forum, I've just purchased a 1998 SEiW project. This is my second westi, I owned an 11 (XI) previously, and I've owned a few Lotus cars. I'm looking at getting my teeth into this project. I've started a restore diary if anyone is interested?

Thanks

• Like 7

:ww: That's excellent :)

Have to say though - despite the fact it's a total shed at the moment, £2500 is still an incredible bargain. Have fun!

6 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

:ww: That's excellent :)

Have to say though - despite the fact it's a total shed at the moment, £2500 is still an incredible bargain. Have fun!

Thanks, I'll be trawling this forum for wisdom and ideas, this car was once EPIC!!!

Definately worth a watch and glad you have come here to show it. Thats a decent bargain. Yes, its a bit shabby, but room for work and things you take off and junk is junk . Get rid of the distributor and go ecu to control it all, proper roll bar, wide track suspension and new shocks and a some paint and it will be almost there. Good luck with the rebuild and look forward to the next installment.

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

Looking forward to seeing more

Thanks, she got potential and she will rise from the ashes;o) 

Great vid ! Is your mate you bought it off a wscc member ?!

It can only get better, assume he was more of an acquaintance than a friend, suppose it’s a case of buyer beware.

Paid more for my unloved Seiw but it was running and did have MOT but wasn’t as a big a shed, but with what you paid you will get a stonking car with a bit of time TLC and a few pennies

1 hour ago, marcusb said:

Great vid ! Is your mate you bought it off a wscc member ?!

Not sure mate, I'll ask him next time I see him and I'll post on here to let you know!!!

1 hour ago, banshee said:

It can only get better, assume he was more of an acquaintance than a friend, suppose it’s a case of buyer beware.

Paid more for my unloved Seiw but it was running and did have MOT but wasn’t as a big a shed, but with what you paid you will get a stonking car with a bit of time TLC and a few pennies

The stonking car is what I'm aiming for;o), I'm not crazy about the colour but I like the idea of white stripes to tone it down a bit, but for the moment its going to be a big clean up operation then take a step back and see what I've really got.

Edited by PetrolDiaries

2 hours ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO said:

:ww: from Essex.

Looking forward to part 2!

Thanks, hopefully not too cold though as the weather is against me...Might post an update next week as long as we don't see snow;o)

Thanks

• Like 2