Radtec Aluminium Rad

graham frankland

Looking for the Radtec Aluminium Rad, direct replacement for the usual Polo version!

Anyone got one please?

Graham (Glutey)

Me and many other members have had great service from them. I got the 55mm Polo rad, nice quality.

Dave

Do you have any idea on what sort of temp differences you have achieved?

Trying to understand the extra benefits of the 55 mm v 42 mm core?

Any info greatly received!

Thanks

G

Compared with my original Polo rad, Temperatures appear to run steadier. As in less up and down, and fan doesn't have to cut in as often. High and Min temps unchanged.

I have a coolex rad and intercooler on my Megabusa, can see it in my profile pic... it's big and heavy! the fan feels a bit weak too, but all in all it works so far.

I have a coolex 55mm. Temps are rock steady and once hot never strays more than a few degrees. 

Order direct and mention the club for a discount. 

Another one for Coolex 55mm. 

Good price, quality and service. 

As Chris says mention the club for a discount. 

Thanks Guy's

My Polo rad has only a 30 mm core so do I need to go to 55 mm or will the 42 mm be sufficient?

Any input appreciated!

Thanks

Glutey

42 mm Works for me, same engine as your good self 

1 hour ago, Craig Spooner said:

42 mm Works for me, same engine as your good self 

Can't get much better than that then glutey

3 hours ago, bunje said:

if you go too big you may end up overcooling

Doesn’t seem to be the case in practice. The difference between the 70mm core and the 55mm, seems almost counterintuitive at first. If anything, in slow traffic, mine actually runs a little hotter at first.

- With the old 55mm core, as soon as you got to around forty mph or so, temps would start coming down to the stable running temperature nice and quickly.

- With the 70mm core, I don’t get the same effect till at least 60 mph; I’m guessing it’s the restrictions caused by having the extra row, needing more air pressure differential across the radiator.

However, once the 70mm does see good air flow, it does indeed cool the engine back to normal running temp faster than the old 55mm used to.

(I have a high power road fan, that moves plenty of air, so equally, with the 70mm core, it can bring temps down again nice and quickly).

The 55mm won’t be as restrictive compared to a 40 odd mm rad, as my 70 is to a 55, but it does make me think, go for the thinnest that works!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.