What a s**t start to my day

Captain Colonial

Thank you. I laughed so much I nearly had an unwelcome visitor myself. Now just to explain to everyone why I've got tears rolling down my cheeks.

I'm crying with laughter! Funniest thing I read for a while.

I'm glad the operation was successful and you're on the mend. :yes:

Well versed diary of an eventful night. Still laughing now!

Trust your recovery is speedy and quiet from now on in.

Brilliant!:yes::yes:

I had something not quite as bad, but it went on for nearly 2 months recently, as I was on Co-codamol  (prescription strength) for 8 weeks, so having to take laxative twice a day most days to try and keep the "travellers" moving on.

The thing is, recovering from having your stomach muscles being sewn back together (including a mesh product for reinforcement - not CF thank goodness or I’d never have heard the end of it in here) is not a great time to have to bear down to clear your bowels, so a laxative is the only solution.  Lady Colonial offered me some of her dihydacodeine or even a morphine, but I’d have had to take so much Ducolax to counteract the binding effects that by the time it worked, I’d have flown around the room like a sh*t-powered rocket ship.

interesting experience being cut open at the navel and fixed while you’re conscious (although a screen spared me from watching it).  I now know what the dog’s soft toys feel like when they’re being repaired and restuffed - uncomfortable.

Get well soon .................... and keep the laughs going :laugh:

• Thanks 1

I would think quite a few of have some sort of operation to our digestion system causing some later constipation.   After similar experiences such as yours, the aftermath feels rather enlightening.

At least you didn't have to sleep in the bath!!

I thought GWS meant get well soon but apparently can mean Gaseous Waste System.

• Haha 2

Glad you are feeling well enough to provide such an eloquent account of you ordeal.

• Like 1

Well, Scott, you'll be pleased to hear that I've just had a problem from the other end and p******** myself laughing at your tales of woe. Still I suspect we are getting to that age where if we didn;t laugh we would just cry :d

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Unless this has happened to you it is hard to better the explanation Scott has given.

Mine was in preparation for a colonoscopy and involved eating certain foods followed by a sachet of a preparation and a second one two hours later. The advice was do not go too far from the home!

Nothing happened for over three hours after the second sachet, and then there was just the slightest twinge. So I started to make my way to the library upstairs, I stood on the first step and then went up almost in a single bound as volcano was erupting, just making it in time it was as you so eloquently wrote. Even with the fan on and the window open the smell was indescribable. 

Just when you thought it was all over another wave came for over three hours this went on.

Next day watching the camera as it was inserted where was now very tenders as it made it's way around and being shown where I had missed a bit was surreal as I felt sure some of my organs were passed that night.

I just showed your tale to my daughters who is a Dr and she had tears of laughter I her eyes

Laughed so hard I nearly shi... :getmecoat: 

The Singletrack forum post is still one of the funnest things I have ever read. I've never had to have a colonoscopy and having read that several times I hope I never do, except... I really want to be able to hover in a lift on a cushion of my own farts :oops: