Hill Climb and sprint car wanted

Richard Houlgate

On 3/14/2018 at 11:27, Stephen W said:

My K series 1.8 Powered one makes a happy 200bhp. Only some wilder cams away from 215bhp. 

Power all over the rev band. 

22406225_10155764712642579_8288229290994

Slight divergance..   Really interesting to see this graph and comparing it to the graph pinned to my noticeboard.. My Crate 2.0 black top with at the time 500 miles, Omex throttle bodies and Home made 4-2-1 exhaust.   It is almost identical in power within a few horses up to  5.5K.. One would assume on similar gearing they would be similar to drive. My losses are quoted a little higher (ambient temp was 3 degrees so the gear oil was probably like cold lard.   After 5.5K the black top graph begins to level off and produces 185 at 7k (my limiter),  where the K series makes 192 ish @7K...  It's not the same dyno but it is a MaHa.  Looks like this K series aces my standard 2.0 blacktop.    

9 hours ago, John said:

Have you entered the WSCC speed series? There's still time if not

I intend to, but I still have to prove to myself that the car is OK, the present weather hasn't helped.

11 hours ago, Richard Houlgate said:

I intend to, but I still have to prove to myself that the car is OK, the present weather hasn't helped.

Great news. Don't leave it too late though as the closing date is very soon

22 hours ago, DamperMan said:

Slight divergance..   Really interesting to see this graph and comparing it to the graph pinned to my noticeboard.. My Crate 2.0 black top with at the time 500 miles, Omex throttle bodies and Home made 4-2-1 exhaust.   It is almost identical in power within a few horses up to  5.5K.. One would assume on similar gearing they would be similar to drive. My losses are quoted a little higher (ambient temp was 3 degrees so the gear oil was probably like cold lard.   After 5.5K the black top graph begins to level off and produces 185 at 7k (my limiter),  where the K series makes 192 ish @7K...  It's not the same dyno but it is a MaHa.  Looks like this K series aces my standard 2.0 blacktop.    

Its not a standard K by a long way though....

Interesting comparison though, having 200cc more will be the most obvious benefit for the Zetec, that and the fact a standard Zetec head flows as well as a ported K series one!

1.8k vs 1.8 Zetec will make the same kind of power with the same kind of work. K just has the benefit of being around 30kg lighter than the Zetec. 

A brand new..   virgin 2.o zetec costs £1000... zetec bomb proof in standard form..   30kg is a lot of weight agvantage for a K series.. got to drill a lot of holes instuff to win 30kg.   Would need at least 5% more power just to break even. 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.