21st Party -Hillclimb try and evening dinner

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Just wanted to echo whats already been said.

Great weekend, Was really good to catch up with old faces and encourage new. Well done too all those who organised especial Graham.

Hope it gives people an insight to our mad sport and its appeal and may be convince them to have a go. (you will be hooked like I was 21 years ago!)

@Mighty Mart. Sorry to hear you didn't make it home. hope you get it sorted.

Ian

• Like 1

Excellent weekend, many thanks to those who made it happen.

On 24/06/2018 at 21:10, syman84 said:

But not clash with a round of the SS :getmecoat:

Yes that was frustrating but out of our control. I think GF booked Shelsley to avoid the event at Snetterton but B19 changed their provisional date after it was booked so it clashed, which is frustrating.

From reading the comments though it doesn't seem to have made much difference as everyone has had a great time so hopefully a few of you will have caught the bug.

To echo Grahams and Martos comments let hope it encourages a few folk to join the speed series in the future.

Big thanks to Graham for arranging this great event 

IMO would be good to have a separate 'photo' thread for WSCC SS 21st Shelsey. Can above be split out 'Admins' ?

I'll add mine when I get time to sort them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

IMO would be good to have a separate 'photo' thread for WSCC SS 21st Shelsey. Can above be split out 'Admins' ?

I'll add mine when I get time to sort them.

Good idea, done.

Photo thread here.

• Like 1

Hi.

What was the total number of runs for the day? It was a new record I think? I recall somewhere around 400.

43 minutes ago, Rory's Dad said:

So is it a record?? 

I managed 16 of them, 7 in the morning and 9 after lunch ! Great value for money.

14 minutes ago, Jim cunliffe said:

I managed 16 of them, 7 in the morning and 9 after lunch ! Great value for money.

Not sure whether 7 or 8 in morning, thought I'd done 1 more than you.

But slacked in afternoon as missed 2 runs taking photos on hill after lunch and missed last run of day thirsting for beer!

So around 14 runs still pretty good.

On 03/07/2018 at 13:54, Rory's Dad said:

So apart from this have the event winners been properly announced? 

They were announced on the night but for the record here they are again!

Gold: Outstanding Achievement Award (For competing in each of the 21 years in a Westfield) the ONLY Entrant to do so KEITH ADAMS

Silver: Regular Achievement Award (Most Championship Wins THREE) ADRIAN CLINTON WATKINS

Bronze : Consistent Achievement Award (Most Class Wins over 30 Rounds in the 100 + points era) JOHN HOYLE

Bronze: Persistent Achievement Award (Most Events Entered) TERRY EVERALL

Thanks

Graham