21st Party -Hillclimb try and evening dinner

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

At last the solicitors have sorted out my house move completion date, so I'm free for this weekend and in. Just bought the £125 option. I asume I can rock up after work on Friday and camp Friday & saturday night.

Now to see about a new helmet :)

What's the deal for spectators? I'd like to come and watch, mill about, eat a burger and maybe take some pictures :o 

8 hours ago, Blatman said:

What's the deal for spectators? I'd like to come and watch, mill about, eat a burger and maybe take some pictures :o 

Same as me, may pop along in the westie for the day.

My car will be on a trailer, so hope that is ok.

Also will parking space be allocated or is it pick your own spot.

GRaham is away on holiday 

I understood spectating was being encouraged and the more the better. not sure if runs up the hill still available or if runs can be bought on the day 

• Like 2

Hi All 

Spectators and cars are encouraged 100% I am sure we will have plenty of space!

If you want to drive the hill please check the wscc events page to ensure we still have space we are limited to 70 cars on the day!I

Look forward to seeing you all!

Graham

Hi All 

One of the great things about Shelsley is the hill it's self!

1000 yds 

1 in 6 gradient

300 ft + increase in height over a very short distance!

All drivers should really WALK the hill before driving it?

Not only to see the contours of the track but to really experience the gradient you are driving up!

If you can't get there Friday night please try to get there early Saturday morning to walk the hill otherwise it will not be until Saturday lunchtime that to will have the opportunity !I

Look forward to seeing you there in plenty of time?

Thanks

Graham

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Just to let you all know that the Courtyard Resturant will also be open at lunch time on Sat 23rd June (event day) for a limited selation of snacks and meals for those who would like them!

It is difficult to know how to cater on the day as we are not sure how many members and friends will attend but I am sure we all understand what can and is being done and all have a great time!

Thanks

Graham

One of the bars will be open Friday evening and on Sat (part of the day for those who would like to help the party go with a swing)!

For those BEER drinkers attending the Event Dinner on the Saturday night can I ask them to also get supplied from the on site bar.

Wine drinkers can bring there own supplies without charge which is ok because the resturant does not sell wine!

There may be a corkage charge but if we do our bit with the beer then I hope Shelsley will not be too liberal with the corkage charge!

Thanks again

Graham

Thanks for your efforts on this Graham and my son Tom and myself are really looking forwards to this. We will be coming up early on sat morning. See you then!

Mart.

I went to Shelsley today on the way back from Wales.  It had been hired for the weekend for the XK Jaguar 70th anniversary.  They filled the field and paddock with cars and many cars had travelled there from around Europe.  It was a great spectacle.

Looking forward to the Westfield gathering now but a little worried that word might not yet have got around to everyone.  Non of the people on the Westfield welsh trip this weekend were even aware it is happening !!

David

got the westfield 'SS' fired up over the W/E. Just hope I can get all the other bits sorted in time, lots to do still , hope it actually drives ok

really looking forward to the event

• Like 2

Can I turn up anytime after 3pm on Friday,I was thinking early hours Saturday morning or is there a locked gate. Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by early hours on Sat 6-00 am would be fine or before 11-00 pm Friday

Not exactly sure on the locking up timing?

Hope this helps

Graham

• Kingster unpinned this topic