21st Party -Hillclimb try and evening dinner

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

What are the camping facilities on offer? I assume they are being shipped in for the event. 

Hi Folks

The Orchard area is usally used by the marshalls and officials on competiton days and it is the area to the left side of the previous entrance drive opposite the small cottage.

It offers grass, trees, toilets and water supply, limited shower facilities are available elsewhere on the site!

The area should be big enough for Motor Home or Tent plus car trailers!

Thanks

G

22 hours ago, graham frankland said:

Hi Folks

The Orchard area is usally used by the marshalls and officials on competiton days and it is the area to the left side of the previous entrance drive opposite the small cottage.

It offers grass, trees, toilets and water supply, limited shower facilities are available elsewhere on the site!

The area should be big enough for Motor Home or Tent plus car trailers!

Thanks

G

Not being familiar with the venue doesn't help me here!

So the showers are located remote from the camping area and are limited...as in there might be none? Only thinking if my better half comes I will get a load of stick if the showers are not immaculate, and close by!......I would also guess I won't be the only one.

• Like 1

Maybe Graham or John could print off a map (Google Maps for example) and mark with coloured felt tips or similar where everything is for this weekend, then attach a copy of that to this thread, with a narrative of what is what by reference to the map? If you see what I mean?

It isn't a big problem for me as I am booked into a bed & breakfast, but I'd like to know where I can park my trailer overnight, if anywhere. Most B & Bs don't have room to accomodate a BJ trailer!

• Like 1

There are modern showers in the toilets adjacent to the restaurant which were remodeled a few years ago.

There is only 1 or 2 showers in the gents and to be fair I have not investigated the ladies but I will check with Shelsley and let you know!

There is a shower and changing seat in the Gents Paddock Toilet but that is basic!

Stephen you will be able to leave your trailer in the Orchard and your car in Paddock safely overnight

Thanks

G

Hi Paul

I have checked with Shelsley there is showers in the newer ladies toilets adjacent to the Courtyard resturant where we are planning to eat on the Saturday night!

G

Hi All

Firstly a big thank you to those of you who have signed up and paid to attend the Speed Series 21st Anniversary Event at Shelsley Walsh

This is very encouraging as it is still 3 months away!

Remember time goes very quickly!

We are attempting to put on a very memorable event and at a very prestigious location of Motor Sport history.

Such a location and event does come cheap and some of the cost is being kindly supported by the WSCC!

However to ensure it is a memorable event and we DO NOT loose money we do need many more of you to sign up quickly so that we know all our efforts will be successful!

When we first floated the idea of this event we had nearly 100 members and guests who showed great enthusiasm for the event and registered their interest on the Forum!

Currently we have 33 people signed up to drive the hill on the day and 32 people for the anniversary dinner!

We need to more than DOUBLE this attendance to make this RIP ROARING Celebration of 21 years of the Speed Series the event we all envisage.

Please visit Events.wscc.co.uk to read up onthe  information on why we are doing this and the limited rules and regs we have to follow to make it a real fun day!

Then sign up in your droves to attend the event with you friends and family and let me sleep a bit easier at night!

Many thanks

Graham

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, graham frankland said:

Hi All

Firstly a big thank you to those of you who have signed up and paid to attend the Speed Series 21st Anniversary Event at Shelsley Walsh

This is very encouraging as it is still 3 months away!

Remember time goes very quickly!

We are attempting to put on a very memorable event and at a very prestigious location of Motor Sport history.

Such a location and event does come cheap and some of the cost is being kindly supported by the WSCC!

However to ensure it is a memorable event and we DO NOT loose money we do need many more of you to sign up quickly so that we know all our efforts will be successful!

When we first floated the idea of this event we had nearly 100 members and guests who showed great enthusiasm for the event and registered their interest on the Forum!

Currently we have 33 people signed up to drive the hill on the day and 32 people for the anniversary dinner!

We need to more than DOUBLE this attendance to make this RIP ROARING Celebration of 21 years of the Speed Series the event we all envisage.

Please visit Events.wscc.co.uk to read up onthe  information on why we are doing this and the limited rules and regs we have to follow to make it a real fun day!

Then sign up in your droves to attend the event with you friends and family and let me sleep a bit easier at night!

Many thanks

Graham

Can i suggest getting the finer details now out on social media, I know many past competitors interest was raised by current members so may not know that they event is now live and bookable through the web page that has been created.

@Scottish Bloke can you advertise again on SS Facebook page might get the numbers up a bit.

Many o the old speed series guys are no longer members of the Westfield club!

Wonder if its also worth putting a link in the speed series area of the forum or even in one of the more general areas such as Stuff and Nonsense or Start Line.

I know for me even though I visit the form most days I don't often look in here and it was only some one telling me about it that made me look. Have started checking more oftern now though ;)

Just a thought

5 hours ago, syman84 said:

Just been on the site and there are no links to events?

Hi Folks

No need to go into the Forum

Just enter the seperate site in your browser!

Thanks

G

Graham,

Have all the area organisers been briefed on the event and been issued with promotional material? I never spotted anything at our club night last night.

From past experience, the key to making these events work is to promote them long before the event (and its close now), and disseminate as much information as possible on the run up to the event. This had the effect of making the event a topic of conversation at area meetings and runs out, continually promoting. I even recall going round Stoneleigh show armed with entry forms and  pinning them on anything that was parked up, especially Caterhams, which resulted in a few of them entering!

Hi Paul

Thanks for the suggestionI have put a pinned post up on the Start Line thread

I am hoping Rich has done the same on Facebook

I will get something out to the AO's before the end of the week!

Thanks again

Graham

• Kingster unpinned this topic