NDS

Supercharged Crossflow

Spot what's missing! 

Dropped the engine in at the weekend - Small problem apart from the inlet plenum resting on the chassis rail.

Back to the drawing board.

IMG_3774.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

IMG_3773.JPG

• Like 2

Give us a clue Neil. The only thing I can see that's missing is the distributor but I'm guessing you wont end up using one anyway

Just the super charger missing, where are you going to find the room to fit it?

Just now, Phil J said:

Just the super charger missing, where are you going to find the room to fit it?

Its under the exhaust manifold

Have an angled inlet should resolve the plenum problem. Also the engine has a DTA management system - hence no distributor .

Its the alternator !

We had a small Denso unit fitted on the dyno. Going to remove the supercharger tonight and an small Rotrex unit.

Attached the dyno sheet. ; 181Bhp with a few pressure leaks and sensor problems. We think there is another 20bhp at least.

Dyno sheet .jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a great installation to me.

Out of interest, what boost will you be running?

The reason I ask is my BIL tried using the Jenvey throttle bodies on a turbocharged engine and the little name plaque popped out due to boost leaking down the spindles.  Something to be aware of.  IIRC he found the optimum solution for a boosted engine is a single throttle body on the inlet to the plenum.

The engine was part of a project by Practical Performance Cars  Westfield build. It was supplies as in the photos hence the throttle bodies.  The only change has been to Cam Coat the exhaust manifold.  Heat is a BIG problem . It the video the exhaust manifold glows cherry red.

Cameron Gilmore Engine Services  rebuilt   and  ran it on the Drumaok Dyno.

8 minutes ago, NDS said:

The engine was part of a project by Practical Performance Cars  Westfield build. It was supplies as in the photos hence the throttle bodies.  The only change has been to Cam Coat the exhaust manifold.  Heat is a BIG problem . It the video the exhaust manifold glows cherry red.

Cameron Gilmore Engine Services  rebuilt   and  ran it on the Drumaok Dyno.

I remember reading about it but they never concluded it. just like so many other articles like the 2 litre Lotus Twin cam ec