Starting a Build

Mark Selby

Hello, just taken delivery of my Sport250 kit. No manual as yet just the ten year old rolling chassis manual. Is it normal to wonder what the hell I've done? At the moment we think we'll spend more time trying to work it out than building... 

2 minutes ago, Mark Selby said:

Is it normal to wonder what the hell I've done? At the moment we think we'll spend more time trying to work it out than building... 

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Another 250 build great to hear.

Yep, that's normal! But your on the right track, by joining the WSCC, and posting on the forum. Would highly recommend starting your own build thread, it's a great way of tapping into all the experience available remotely. I'd also recommend reading other builds threads as well. If you do, don't limit yourself to 250 threads, the S2000 chassis is just about identical, and a lot of the build is the same, and you can get lots of tips.

Another tip, we love photos on this forum, and can help enormously.

Finally from me ENJOY your build!!

Just moved this to the start line area as seemed more appropriate than “ members only” section :t-up:

oh and welcome!

:ww: and enjoy this phase of ownership. Although I didn't build, i imagine it's similar to having a child, being enjoyable, frustrating and worrying. But it's a time you will never get back unless, of course, you have another one! :laugh:

• Like 1

:ww: it will all come clear once you start, plus you will get all the help you need on here.

• Like 1

Welcome Mark, where are you located? I'm in Buckingham, a few of us around if you need help / moral support.

Good local groups, with plenty of very knowledgeable people.

Cheers

Gary

On 12/11/2017 at 18:25, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Just moved this to the start line area as seemed more appropriate than “ members only” section :t-up:

oh and welcome!

Surely, if this is a build, it should be in the Build Diaries section  http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/forum/103-build-diaries/

And welcome the to the adventure, throw that supplied build manual in the bin, its no use at all, the closest is the downloadable FW manual , but that is ONLY a guide.  There is rummered to be a 250 manual coming, but its not on general release yet.

Your best bet are the 250 builds already on this site.  AdgeC and Steve's are GREAT references, and I'm roughly following them myself.  If your unsure of anything the best advice I have had is to stop, walk away and have a cup of tea or coffee and then if its still not obvious, ask on here, no such thing as a stupid question.

A common response here is "We love Pictures", the more the better so get posting.

Get in touch with your local group, and get yourself along to the next meeting, this is a great club, with a fantastic bunch of people, just make contact with your local AO, have a look in the "Local Meetings and Events section"  http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/forum/67-local-area-meets-events-kit-car-shows/

I didn’t think this was the build thread, just the OP introducing themselves and their plan...

Welcome by the way!

36 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I didn’t think this was the build thread, just the OP introducing themselves and their plan...

Welcome by the way!

Yup me too

Hi, I've ploughed on and made some progress with the draft early sections of the Sports250 manual and a bit of guess work. See photo attached... got the front hubs on and suspension. No doubt I'll have to rebuild them later when I work out how they should be done! Wheels currently pointing is different directions! LOL. 

My plan was to build this with my two teenage boys. Telling them that we're likely to spend more time working things out than actually with a spanner. Seems to be the rule of thumb. They just want to get on with 'stuff'. I'm spending some time planning and working out pieces before they come out. 

Anyone got any tips for keeping teenagers involved? 

IMG_2840.jpg

Blimey , one week to panel and get as far as that, is impressive. As for keeping them occupied, I just let my son carry on with his Xbox, it was easier :d

• Like 1