MrMgoo

FW special edition 2017 new build from a new member

MrMgoo
1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Have you got a latching fog lamp switch instead of a momentary one? It’s a common issue for the wrong one to slip through, as earlier Westfields that didn’t have the controller circuit built into the loom needed a latching switch. The new loom needs a momentary version, though the switches look the same from the front. 

You generally know if you’ve got the latching type, as to turn the fogs off, you have to turn the switch off, then back on again!

Thanks Dave. I will check with Westfield tomorrow. Meant to do it today but just didn't get time.

MrMgoo

Tonight I wanted to check how the front headlight bracket would affect the bonnet when It was closed.20190312_203355.thumb.jpg.2bac37d218aa167351a761acec42dbb1.jpg

Happy enough so will start on the spats tomorrow .. the job I've not been looking forward to.

• Like 1

MrMgoo

Used rivetnuts20190313_212433.thumb.jpg.e6d1e299d41a99c05320d2f8389d54af.jpg

• Like 2

MrMgoo
15 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Have you got a latching fog lamp switch instead of a momentary one? It’s a common issue for the wrong one to slip through, as earlier Westfields that didn’t have the controller circuit built into the loom needed a latching switch. The new loom needs a momentary version, though the switches look the same from the front. 

You generally know if you’ve got the latching type, as to turn the fogs off, you have to turn the switch off, then back on again!

Cheers Dave, Phoned Westfield and its the wrong switch ... they are posting the correct one to me.

• Like 2

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Excellent!

MrMgoo

Trying to figure out the headlights and how they sit on the spat and bracket.

Is this the correct order?

IMG_1577.thumb.JPG.4ad307393b782755b959df26c03a7329.JPG

And should I fettle the hole in the spat to allow the large black washer through?

MrMgoo

Dooh ... answered myself 

IMG_1578.thumb.JPG.699a64fbe5adbd14d751cf88b9c47e72.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MrMgoo

Received the new fog light switch so went to take the steer wheel off and the dash, but I've obviously overtightened as the steering wheel won't budge. Seen on you tube if I leave the nut in loosely and give it a whack with a mallet the wheel will come off. Is this correct?

Nick Mace

Pulling on the sides/top and bottom of the wheel should free it off. Pull a bit one side then the other.

Leave the nut on/bolt in loosely if you don’t want blood on the steering wheel. They come off rather quickly and unexpectedly!

A sharp tap with a mallet might also help, but be careful not to damage any threads. 

MrMgoo

Cheers, worked a freak. Switch changed and all back on and working.

MrMgoo

So to today's problem. As previous message fitting the spat and headlight together to make sure all was correct. Now I've overed the completed spat to the bonnet and there is a massive gap ... the bracket is making the rear of the sprat have the massive gap! any suggestions welcomed ...

is the spat wrong , the bracket, IMG_1580.thumb.JPG.c9c31e0995a62ed02e29a6eba09ddccb.JPG

MrMgoo

She's had her first successful trip outside the garage. Just to the bottom of the road and back a couple of times , just as it started to hail ... got soaked but who cares :yellow-westy:

• Like 1

MrMgoo

just driving past the house

Capture.JPG.baccaf4e26ff65cdf2e6a22997d35ba4.JPG

• Like 2

MrMgoo

Whilst I ponder the spats , I thought I would look at the windscreen. If I can get a thumbs up from everyone then I can be happy.

IMG_1586.thumb.JPG.59b9b17c76b8626204bff05572151bec.JPGIMG_1585.thumb.JPG.95b2f99f7d62ec9b843130dc87231de0.JPGIMG_1587.thumb.JPG.2fcca13115c9928f394f3e529fa5d79a.JPGIMG_1588.thumb.JPG.3546412f511fabffb55cf7c6c866398b.JPG

Rich201060
3 minutes ago, MrMgoo said:

Whilst I ponder the spats , I thought I would look at the windscreen. If I can get a thumbs up from everyone then I can be happy.

Just pop the screen fillet on if possible as its trapped at the ends by the windscreen supports. Mine was very tight as you don't realise at this stage, you could put a packer under to ensure a gap, the tendency is to get the Supports to fit the bodywork but then they can sometimes be at the wrong height.

Rich