MrMgoo

FW special edition 2017 new build from a new member

MrMgoo

Fuel gauge sorted! I had wired the gauge incorrectly!!!!

• Like 1

MrMgoo

Photos taken before I fix the boot.

20190311_025.thumb.jpg.5e176515c0103e26314c818509c78d1b.jpg

20190311_026.thumb.jpg.73d296e5433034ab1d36ef6dcef68b42.jpg

20190311_028.thumb.jpg.b25f81103dfe348881270a0db17cb741.jpg

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Glad you sorted the wiring anomalies, much easier now than later.

Respectfully suggest you drop the boot box in, then have a good look from underneath/wheelarch, to make sure no cables or pipes will rub on it. Then have a good look at the wiring and pipework, and satisfy yourself that it's adequately supported and tied, before final fit of box. Just my thoughts.

MrMgoo
14 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Glad you sorted the wiring anomalies, much easier now than later.

Respectfully suggest you drop the boot box in, then have a good look from underneath/wheelarch, to make sure no cables or pipes will rub on it. Then have a good look at the wiring and pipework, and satisfy yourself that it's adequately supported and tied, before final fit of box. Just my thoughts.

Good idea. Will do

MrMgoo

Put the boot box in place. Checked underneath and happy that cables are all tied back

MrMgoo

Now that my dashboard switches are working I've screwed it on , fitted the padding around the dash using Velcro and even put the gear stick knob on :d

20190312_162622.thumb.jpg.3d37e5bb46fdc0411a391474993d9590.jpg20190312_162956.thumb.jpg.34c8491772c92b7ec369264350d4ed1a.jpg

• Like 1

MrMgoo

Retested the switches ... problem with the rear fog light switch. So off it all came again.

20190312_194621.thumb.jpg.dc9becde740906391ede987fdd37a92a.jpg

Will check with Westfield tomorrow.

MrMgoo

Any recommendarions for this cover? Silicon , poprivet or popnut

20190312_203302.thumb.jpg.13639f799773b34326f8e546f4f42b08.jpg

Thrustyjust

Rivnuts and a thin foam to seal it. You will be potentially asked to remove for IVA. You may need to change a throttle cable at some point which is silicon'd in would be a ball ache .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris Brading

As Justin says, I used silicone after the IVA around the top to stop rain water coming in.

• Thanks 1

Dean Goodall

+1 for foam strip and rivnuts128532064_Screenshot2019-03-13at10_06_27.png.a930e044aef72cf32a4c153eabe2427f.png

• Thanks 1

BugMan

Again +1 for  foam strip and rivnut or just tap an M5 thread into the chassis members.

Was not asked to remove for IVA, but know others have mentioned this.  Avoid the silicone route as it will be waterproof, but a nunney to get off in the future. 

Good idea to be removable when you lose something down the footwell and future proof as TJ says to access the beddles and cables, unless you are Mr Bendy. :westy:

• Thanks 1

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO
11 hours ago, MrMgoo said:

Retested the switches ... problem with the rear fog light switch. So off it all came again.

Dont forget, fog light only works with ignition and headlamps on!  Granny and suck eggs I know, but just in case ;)

• Thanks 1

MrMgoo
6 hours ago, AdgeC said:

Dont forget, fog light only works with ignition and headlamps on!  Granny and suck eggs I know, but just in case ;)

Yeah, realised that one pretty quickly. The scenario is , ignition on, turn it on ... bulb is on ... turn it off ... build is still on! ... turn it on ... bulb is off!!! .. turn it off ... bulb stays off .... and repeat the whole cycle !?!!? :bangshead:

• Sad 1

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Have you got a latching fog lamp switch instead of a momentary one? It’s a common issue for the wrong one to slip through, as earlier Westfields that didn’t have the controller circuit built into the loom needed a latching switch. The new loom needs a momentary version, though the switches look the same from the front. 

You generally know if you’ve got the latching type, as to turn the fogs off, you have to turn the switch off, then back on again!

• Like 1