MrMgoo

FW special edition 2017 new build from a new member

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

@MrMgoo if your happy to PM me your email, I'll send wiring drawings if it helps.

• Like 2

Thrustyjust

If you have doors, then use then hang them and use this line up as the windscreen rake . There are too many discrepancies with measurements, depending on how well the rear panel fits to the chassis . So, chuck that factory measurement away and fit the doors. 'If' you dont want to use doors, then go for factory dimensions.

• Like 2

Thrustyjust

Oil pressure gauge showing very high?  What is high in your thoughts ?

fuel gauge show full when it was empty. Hoping the sensor is stuck and will free itself when I take it out! You cant just take it out without removing the bodywork easily. Check the wiring on the tank is the correct way round , as the wire for the sender, if put to earth will show a full tank

heater is on when switch says it should be off ... don't want to swap the wires as this caused the fuse to blow ... any ideas? Sounds like incorrect plugging in somewhere is causing a dead short to ground

secure the boot box ... I'll pop rivet it in. As everyone else said ................nope. I used 4 off M4 rivnuts to hold mine

fit the spats and brackets for the headlights  Good luck with the headlights 

fit the windscreen and associated bits As I said about windscreen rake 

Fit bonnet catches. You dont need to do this before fitting the bodywork. See @AdgeC post on peel rivets

fit elbow pads 30 seconds :d

fit under skuttle panels Fix with rivets, they dont like velcro holding them as not permanent and mine were checked. Also I foam covered the ecu tray which the examiner liked 

• Like 1

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

@MrMgoo link (Hopefully) bit of my build thread where I fitted windscreen, it's at the bottom of the page!. Looks like my measurement ended up at 930, wouldn't want it any more than that, or the rear side screens will attack you!

As TJ says use sidescreens if you've got some, or maybe you borrow some if somebody near you has the taller ones to match your screen.

Just to confirm, my screen is about 340 top to bottom (job to measure accurately now it's fitted). Presume yours is the same?

• Like 1

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Sorry me again :p. Managed to do screen shots of some of the switch plugs, and wiring colours.

image.thumb.png.7389cdd9d6978a1a85ed40743d8c27f9.png

image.thumb.png.5d8dbeca14777041dc1f804f1279cb1e.png

Not 100% convinced on the "Grey/Yellow" for 2nd speed though, I thought "G" was green, but what do I know ! 

image.thumb.png.a7f706d2be88b37d538523b205289ec0.png

Hope this makes some sort of sense, and helps.

Thrustyjust
1 minute ago, AdgeC said:

Sorry me again :p. Managed to do screen shots of some of the switch plugs, and wiring colours.

image.thumb.png.7389cdd9d6978a1a85ed40743d8c27f9.png

image.thumb.png.5d8dbeca14777041dc1f804f1279cb1e.png

Not 100% convinced on the "Grey/Yellow" for 2nd speed though, I thought "G" was green, but what do I know ! 

image.thumb.png.a7f706d2be88b37d538523b205289ec0.png

Hope this makes some sort of sense, and helps.

Holy Moly, you'll be stealing our resident wiring picture sticker uppers glory soon @IanK (Bagpuss)

• Haha 1

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO
5 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Holy Moly, you'll be stealing our resident wiring picture sticker uppers glory soon @IanK (Bagpuss)

Should have credited Ian with posting these up in the first place! Apologies Ian ;) The cheques in the post!

• Haha 1

Chris Brading

Hello,

My oil pressure cold is 90psi on tickover  dropping to 60 psi when warm, I assume this is normal.

• Like 1

Thrustyjust
2 minutes ago, Chris Brading said:

Hello,

My oil pressure cold is 90psi on tickover  dropping to 60 psi when warm, I assume this is normal.

Sounds about right Chris :t-up:

• Like 1

MrMgoo

@AdgeC what size peel rivet did you use?

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO
2 hours ago, MrMgoo said:

@AdgeC what size peel rivet did you use?

4mm X 16mm, got them from here: https://www.abouttownbolts.co.uk/shop/

Found them to be good to deal with for various fixings.

• Like 1

MrMgoo
3 hours ago, AdgeC said:

4mm X 16mm, got them from here: https://www.abouttownbolts.co.uk/shop/

Found them to be good to deal with for various fixings.

Ta. Ordered 

• Like 1

MrMgoo

Heater switch resolved. Basically the heater switch was put together wrong. The best way I describe it is that the switch comes in two blocks ... the front with the switch and the back with the terminals. The terminals should of appeared at the top but mine appeared at the bottom. I had to disassemble the switch , turn the back block round so the terminals appeared at the top. Put it all together again and yipeee it worked. I'd spent the previous evening messing but didn't get anywhere , so spoke to Ian at Westfield who sent me a picture of the wiring connected to the switch and then I noticed the problem.

The first image shows how the switch and wiring connected originally ... I did wonder why the block was the other way round to the others

The second picture is the switch after I had fixed it. 

Third pitcure is the end result.

IMG_1557.thumb.JPG.07996c5f5e45cc3fa431029d79230351.JPG

Wiring blocks face in different directions

IMG_1565.thumb.JPG.43e716c5e4b354527a3efc9008ec8119.JPG

Placed small screwdriver under the clips and gently separated the switch

IMG_1566.thumb.JPG.28ce9c669ef92724ff4e505e7c4b1ae0.JPG

Notice all the wiring blocks fit in the same direction

• Like 1

MrMgoo

Fitted the bonnet locks yesterday also, but the bonnet is a bit heightened than the scuttle

IMG_1561.thumb.JPG.a2e73e816160603e01d61052698bb781.JPG

IMG_1562.thumb.JPG.f7bb73f257a1ebfe28fb83753bb086d2.JPG

IMG_1563.thumb.JPG.aad8ecf43f814dfafb3f94b4dae52a67.JPG

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Good work resolving the heater issue. The plugs are a giveaway when it's pointed out. Trouble is its natural to assume proprietary items like switches are assembled correctly. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1